Chapter 13

Marinette's POV

I was running around my room trying to figure out what to wear. I was so nervous, I couldn't think correctly. I was finally able to choose an outfit after I got myself together. After that, I did my hair. 

I looked at myself in the mirror deciding whether or not I looked good enough

I looked at myself in the mirror deciding whether or not I looked good enough. I finally approved after me trying to boost my self confidence. I walked out of my room and waited for Jon to arrive. 

I'm going to hope we don't go anywhere fancy but, I'm sure I'll know when I see Jon's outfit. The doorbell rang and Alfred went to open while I tried to cool my nerves as they shot back up again. I took a deep breath when Jon walked to calm myself down. 

He was wearing a simple outfit. Nothing to fancy but not just a quick outfit that didn't take much time. "H-hi Mari. Um, are you ready?" "Yeah. Dad wants me home before midnight. Just telling you that so you know." 

"Alright." I walk out with him and I get into his car. "Um, I was thinking we could go to a cafe or a bistro. What do you think?" "A cafe is fine. I didn't want anything to fancy." "Alright. I can do that." There was an awkward silence in the car so, I just turned on the radio. 

A Jagged Stone song came on and I could hear Jon singing along to the words softly. "You sing? I didn't know that." "I don't think I sing that well. When, I do sing I do it when I'm alone because I my voice cracks sometimes and it doesn't sound good."

"Sing the next song you know that comes on. I want to hear you sing." "I guess." The next song that comes on is another Jagged Stone song and Jon knows. He begrudgingly starts singing and I record it on my phone. This was going to be my ring tone for him. 

He seems embarrassed at first but it seems to wear off as he continues singing. He was actually a really good singer and he hit all the notes perfectly. I finish recording as soon as the song is over and immediately change my ring tone. "You recorded me?!" 

He looked extremely panicked. "Yes. I was just going to change it to my ringtone. I wasn't going to send it to anybody. Don't worry." He looks calmer. "Fine. But no sending. I don't feel like telling anybody I can sing."

"Why?" "I just don't feel like being swarmed. I mean, I'm already famous enough because my parents are famous journalists. I don't need it more." "Can I tell you a secret?" "What is it?" "Here let me show you. It is better." 

I turn up the radio and a song by Nettie was on. It was from one of my older albums. 

I sang along and he looked shocked. "Your Nettie?" "Ya. Don't tell anyone though. I have a dagger with a kryptonite embedded blade. "I don't doubt it." I roll my eyes and laugh. "I won't kill you don't worry. I have siblings to do it for me." 

He groaned. "I'm kidding. Sort of." "Oh look we are here." I needed to work on my conversation skills. It was a nice cafe. It was very pretty. Jon talked to an employee and we were able to get a nice table. Nicer than the normal ones. 

At least it wasn't all out. I sat down across from Jon. "Um, sorry about that last part of our conversation. I still need to work on my people skills. I wasn't really taught how to start a conversation so, when I left the League I had to figure it out by myself." 

"I wasn't very good at it and people found it weird I could talk about death so easily and blood and all that. I was just raised around it. I was raised around Magic, violence and all that so it was never really a problem for me to talk about." 

"And because we never showed emotion it was very hard for me to pretend to be a cherry bubbly girl that wore her heart on her sleeve and made all her feelings apparent. I think the hardest part was pretending to be a girl who wouldn't hurt a fly." 

"I hated Paris. It was absolutely terrible. Although, I suppose Lila gave me the opportunity to be myself with a good reason." "What do you mean?" "Long story that we don't have time for. And that I don't feel like explaining. It is complicated." 

He nods and doesn't press any further. "Hello. I am going to be your waiter for today. Do you know what you want?" Jon has lemonade and a lasagna. I had a sweet tea and a chicken and parmasean cheese pasta. It was really good. 

"Do you want dessert?" "Yeah. Maybe a cake and we can split it." "Sounds good. What flavor cake?" "Chocolate." "Yes. I was thinking the same thing." We called over the waiter and we ordered the cake. 

It was 3 layers with strawberries and chocolate cards on top and it is coated with a chocolate frosting. Jon cut it in half and we gorged ourselves on our half of the cake. It was delicious. I ate it until I was full but I kept eating it. I felt fat by the time I finished. 

"Alright. I finished my portion of cake." "Good. So did I." He paid the bill and left a nice tip for the waiter. I also put $10 on the table for her. She deserved it. I'm pretty sure she was the only person here. Except the cook. She was the waiter and the cashier and she was being overworked

We left and I noticed the sun was setting. I couldn't see it good because of the buildings and the trees. But the colors in the sky was beautiful. "I can show you were it looks the prettiest." My head snapped toward Jon. "What?" "I can take you where the sunset looks best." 

"Yeah. Please." He nodded and he drove toward the beach. When we arrived I could see the sun on the horizon. I knew the sun was just going to the other side of the world but it really did look like it was setting. 

"It's beautiful." "Yeah it is isn't it?" I stared at the sun and I felt Jon's hand brush against mine. I intertwined our fingers together and a small blush bloomed on my face and his. "Thank you for bringing me here." "Your welcome." 

I stared at the setting sun and admired the beauty. I felt a pain in my right eye and I knew what it was. It was my contact lense. It normally in this long so I have to take it out. But it had to be right now. I slowly reach up and take it out. 

I brush my bangs over my eye and hope Jon doesn't notice. Unfortunately, he does. He looks confused and brushes my hair out of my eyes. "Your eyes...their different colors." I nod and I bit my lip. "You're beautiful." 

I look at him and a blush spreads across my cheeks. "What?" "You look beautiful like this. You shouldn't cover up that eye." I blush deeper but don't break eye contact with him. I lean a little closer and so does he. We have a small gap between us and I gather my courage and close it. 

I closed my eyes and I felt him kiss back. We stayed like that for a bit until we had to pull back for air. We rested out foreheads together and I stared at his blue eyes and he said 3 words that I have been wanting to tell. 

"I love you Marinette." I smile at him and get the words out of my mouth. "I love you too Jon." And with that our lips meet again.