Chapter 1

Marinette's POV

It is my birthday. She was finally turning 17. She felt a pang of sadness in her heart because if they were still in the League she would be in traditional ceremony clothes and get to see her little brother become the Demon Head. She was always proud of her little brother and made sure that he knew it. 

I grab an outfit and quickly put it on. My style has changed drastically as the years passed. I grabbed my plushie of Damian and my charm and put the plushie in my backpack and the charm in my pocket. 

Tikki and Plagg flew into my bag and I walked out of the bakery without a word to my "parents"

Tikki and Plagg flew into my bag and I walked out of the bakery without a word to my "parents". They neglected me and never paid attention to me so, my anxiety and low self-esteem worsened.No, bad Marinette. It is your birthday. Think happy thoughts and about good memories of you and Damian. 

I walk into school and I go to my locker. Most of my friends weren't in France. Chloe had to go to California for a case. She is CB. She is a lawyer and the best in business and only the wealthiest of people can afford her. She does big cases and always wins. Kagami had to go to Japan for her fencing competitions. Nathaniel and Marc were in New York because they had a chance to open up a business for they're comics and drawings. Juleka and Luka were the only ones who were in Paris at the moment.  

It was 7:45 and school doesn't start until 8:00. I see Luka and Juleka and run over. "Guys!" They don't know about my twin brother, just that it is my birthday. "Mari/Melody!" They crush me in a hug and I give a small smile. "So, what are we doing after school?" They looked like they were thinking for a second then burst into smiles. "Sleep over and party! DUH!!!!!!" I laugh slightly but, it had a sad undertone. Like you could hear I wasn't exactly happy but more sad about something. 

And they noticed. "Mari you okay? Is something wrong?" I nodded then shook my head and hugged myself. "No. I-At the sleepover I will tell you. Promise." They exchanged concerned looks but nodded. "Alright, Mar." We walk to class together and I sit in the back and Jules sits next to me since Chloe isn't here. 

Luka was in a different seat than us. It was more in the middle of the classroom. I start drawing and I ended up drawing Damian from the last time I saw him. I write his name in the corner of the page then flip to a clean page. I draw traditional league ceremony outfits. I remember we would spend hours planning the ceremony. I felt more sadness and pain hit my heart. 

I shake my head and Juleka put her hand on mine. "Mari, what is going on? You look like you miss someone. Someone close and dear to you." Tears welled up in my eyes and I just nodded. "I-i miss my b-brother. M-my little b-brother." She looks shocked but still pulls me into a hug. I bury my head in the crook of her shoulder and cry. 

It felt good to cry. She coos comforting words in my ear and rubs my back in circles. I cry until I have no more tears to cry. I pull away and wipe my eyes. I go into my purse and grab my compact mirror. My mascara ran and I looked like the zombie princess. I wipe it off and grab my bottle and apply a quick swipe and put it away. 

Juleka placed a hand on my shoulder. I turned my head and gave her a small smile. "I'm okay now. I needed that. I promise I will tell both of you the rest later." She nods and gives me a smile. The rest of the class comes in and as usual crowding around Lila as she told the all about her 'connections'. She was a lying little snake that turned everyone against me. They physically bully me and call me names. 

It hurt but, I stayed strong because I would imagine Damian's calming voice in my mind. He was the reason I get through everyday. There were times that I wanted to end my life. I wanted to just kill myself and Damian's concerned eyes would flash in my mind and that would be enough to stop me. 

I saw glares shot my way but I shrugged them off. At least until, Alya came up and with a few students behind her. I glare at them and tense up. "What did I do now?" "YOU BEAT UP LILA DURING THE WEEKEND, YOU BITCH!" Before I could react, she slapped me. It stung like hell but, I kept a straight face. I raised an eyebrow. "Are you done? I came here to learn not to hear Lila's lies or to see y'alls ugly faces. Please leave." She glared at me but before she could say something Ms.Bustier came in. 

Thanks goodness for her. "Alright everybody take your seats. We are learning about Egyptian gods today. Please open your books to page 386." I heard Plagg snicker and Tikki giggle. This lesson was going to be a breeze.