62 Encounter

Scorpius hadn't meant to sleep by Orion the entire night. And had a nightmare woken him as usual, he wouldn't have. But he always sleeps better beside someone- anyone, it would seem. So he woke just before dawn, blinking to adjust to the blackness of the room. Orion was still asleep, so Scorpius quietly left.

He went back into his room to see that Christine had fallen back asleep on his bed. She opened her eyes as the door opened with a click. "How's the hangover?" He asks, walking over and sitting beside her. She groans, rubbing her eyes with the heels of her hands. "I figured it would be bad. Lucky for you, I know the cure."

Scorpius takes the next few minutes to get ready for the day. He showers, dresses, and finished his hair and teeth. Kreacher is downstairs as the boy arrives. "Should Kreacher begin breakfast for Master Salazar?" He asks, already retrieving ingredients from the pantry.

"The Potters will need it more than me." Scorpius replies. Kreacher looked like he was about to scorn the guests, his lip curling up slightly at their mention.

"Kreacher will bring food to the dining room." He said. Scorpius looked the house elf up and down, feeling a bit pitying for him.

The potions cabinet was smaller than the one in the Malfoy Manor, but it wasn't a surprise that it had enough ingredients for a hangover potion. Enough that anyone who needed it would be able to have it. Scorpius busied himself, wondering when he became the mom friend. The wine he had yesterday was completely out of his system. Other than being a bit emotionally drained, he felt utterly fine that morning.

Scorpius added the potion to tea, and brought it upstairs for Christine. She looked miserable. "Drink this." He offers, and she sits up to take the cup. "You want to borrow some clothes?"

"No, my Dad would probably flip shit if I came home in your clothes."

"It wouldn't be the first time." Scorpius smirks. She smiles.

"I'll ask Raven. Where'd you sleep?"

"Downstairs." Scorpius lies. He didn't want to have to explain that he was just watching over Orion and nothing happened. Nothing would happen. And he'd rather throw himself from a Hogwarts tower than to admit he was kind enough to make sure the Gryffindor boy wasn't going to die in his sleep or whatever. Even if it was Christine and she knew everything. "Kreacher is making food for everyone."

"I didn't know you had a house elf. I thought the Malfoys shrugged that habit when Astoria married your father."

"They did. She found it barbaric." Scorpius nods, making sure Christine was drinking the tea down. "He was Walburga Black's house elf. Technically he's free to do as he wants, but it seems he can't really leave this place behind." He explains. "I can't really blame him. He watched the Black family grow up in this house."

"It's the sentimental value." Christine yawns. "I get it. Family is important. Even if his is gone, they remain in the house."

"The Black family isn't gone." Scorpius corrects. "Both Orion and I have that blood."

"You're a Malfoy."

"You can't call me a Malfoy and then agree with Albus when he says Orion and I are related." Scorpius's voice had an edge. Christine rolls her eyes.

"You are related."

"I'm going to check on Raven." Scorpius dismisses the conversation, not about to argue with her. He didn't have a headache now, but listening to her righteousness might give him one. Christine frowned as he left the room.

—-

Everyone had gone home by the time Harry Potter arrived. Which was a good thing since he probably wouldn't have been happy anyone knew where they were. 12 Grimmauld Place was meant to be their safe house, in a way. It would be easy for Selwyn to learn they were here. Even easier to come in and kidnap any of them if he wanted too.