63 Obscene ⚠️

When Scorpius and Raven returned to the House of Black, it was dark outside. Michael explained that Narcissa had gone out, saying that she'd been cooped up inside for long enough and longed to be on the streets again. Scorpius figured she could take care of herself, knowing she's one of the strongest women he knew. Raven retired to shower and her room, probably to call Ashton or sleep.

Michael didn't stick around to keep company either, but Scorpius ran into Orion in the hallway between their rooms on the top floor. "How'd it go?" Orion asks, stopping the blonde in his tracks. He takes in the damp black hair that fell across Orion's forehead and the large red tee shirt. Plaid sweats. He'd clearly wrapped up his day. Scorpius couldn't wait for a hot shower.

"It went..." He thought about it. The way he was torn between trusting the closest friend he'd ever had, and killing her for her betrayal. Those words always ringing in his head. You didn't actually believe we were friends, did you? His chest was empty, drained. Not to mention Scorpius had been avoiding Orion for a whole other reason.

After last night, it felt weird to be in his company alone. Like Scorpius couldn't trust he wouldn't act on an impulse he wished he didn't have. It made things so much harder. He told himself that this attraction to Orion was because of what they had in common. Was because the Gryffindor was undeniably gorgeous.

Because he knew his heart still belonged to Albus. Whatever this was, if either of them acted on it, people would look down at them. Distantly related was still related. In that way, Albus was right. And even Raven would judge. Flirting was one thing.

But his thoughts still wandered to the way Orion looked at him in that drunk haze. The electric way the air came to life. He needed to control himself.

This was just because of everything that happened. He felt alone in that way, and craved a connection. It wasn't anything more. Scorpius's heart hammered in his chest just to rationalize it out. A fear that he was just lying to himself. Like he lied about his sexuality. Pushed it down and away because people wouldn't approve.

On a scale of unacceptable, this desire definitely was higher than being bisexual. Scorpius realized he had just been standing there, staring at Orion, when the other boy spoke. "Are you okay?"

No. "Of course." Scorpius cleared his throat, looking anywhere but at those hazel eyes. "I'm just tired."

"You're lying." Orion called him out. Scorpius sighs in exasperation.

"I am actually tired." He presses. How could Orion even tell when he was lying? Scorpius pondered if the boy could somehow read his mind. Was he a Legillimens? No, if he was, Orion would've already kissed him. Because Scorpius's thoughts were definitely consensual. Merlin's beard, he needed to bring this interaction to a close. He felt his face warm under Orion's scrutiny. "Goodnight." He started to his room again, but he didn't get two steps.

"Hey." Scorpius looked back as he opened his bedroom door. "Thanks for uh," Orion actually looked a little awkward, which was rare for him. "Making sure I didn't keep drinking and stuff." He scratches the back of his neck uncomfortably. Scorpius was somewhat relieved that they were both feeling uncomfortable. But that couldn't continue since they lived here together.

How could he fix this? "Best not tell anyone about that." Scorpius forces a confident grin. He hoped he didn't look like a complete fool. "Wouldn't want anyone thinking I was a nice guy."

"Merlin forbid anyone think you have a heart." Orion agrees, playing into the joke. Scorpius slipped into his room then, and closed the door behind him. He listened for retreating footsteps, but he couldn't hear them. Either the door muffled the sound of the other boy retreating, or he was still in the hallway. He tried not to imagine Orion in the hallway, hovering there, like maybe he was feeling that same magnetic attraction.