7 Time Out

Scorpius stuffs his clothes into his bag, pulling on his hoodie. The dorms were empty, but Albus returns as Scorpius is gathering everything together. "You should be a motivational speaker." He announces his arrival in the room. Malfoy snorts.

"More like a exhortation speaker." He corrects, and Potter rose an eyebrow at him. "I didn't exactly intend on threatening the Ministry, it just kind of came out that way. You don't have to lecture me." Scorpius stuffed his iPod and earbuds into his pocket, finishing packing the rest of his stuff. "I've been suspended. I assume McGonagall let you and Daniel off the hook considering it was me who started it." He continues, getting an affirmative with a nod from the Potter boy. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do when I'm gone." Scorpius pulls his duffle bag over his shoulder, and starts towards the Slytherin common room to leave.

"There's nothing you wouldn't do." Albus replies, following after him. "We still have detention, Daniel and I. But Headmistress said she'd be lenient since Aunt Hermione let you off with a warning." Potter looked at Scorpius curiously, following him into the halls and towards the courtyard of Hogwarts. Apparently one of Draco's coworkers would be taking him back to the manor, and that's where he was waiting. "Did you really mean all that stuff you said?" He inquired once they made it out of the stone halls and onto the grass.

Scorpius shrugged. "I don't know. I agree with the writer, but I know there's a reason why the Ministry is in place. Plus, even if I had an opinion; it doesn't matter much. One man can't do anything to change something bigger than himself just because he disagreed with it." Truth was, he just said what came to mind. Scorpius wasn't usually one to get up in front of a crowd and educate them; but the topic was something he knew a lot about. Plus, he had a chance to piss off Harry Potter. Someone like Scorpius Malfoy couldn't pass up an opportunity like that.

"Well, if my father had that way of thinking, Lord Voldemort would've won." Albus says, then looks down for a moment before shyly asking. "You don't like him, my father, do you?" Scorpius Malfoy had the audacity to smirk a bit. Albus didn't seem surprised, he clearly knew the answer before asking. Perhaps he was hoping that Scorpius would lie, as though to spare his feelings. But that's not what Malfoy does, is it?

"No, not really." He says honestly. "Then again, I don't like anyone." Scorpius adds as though to lessen the blow. Albus seemed content with the answer, seeming to be glad that his family name wasn't something Scorpius was going to subdue to. A lot of people treated him differently just because his father was Harry Potter, but Scorpius wasn't one of them. Scorpius looks at the guy in black, waiting for him in the middle of the yard. "I'll have access to my inheritance when I get home. I'll order a new phone. Let Raven know when she learns what happened. She'll want to call me." Scorpius requests, and the brunette nods.

"You aren't going to say goodbye?"

"It's five days, I'm not going off to war." Scorpius shrugs. Albus looks over at the guy who was waiting, and pulls the small box from his cloak. Scorpius eyes follow the movement, seeing the items they had stolen from Slughorn's office. "Why are you giving these to me?" He takes them.

"I was thinking maybe you could keep them while you're gone. Since it's about your family-"

"You don't want any part of it?" Scorpius assumes, and Albus quickly shakes his head no.

"That's not it. I just thought you might want to hold onto them. If you find anything out, I'd kill to be the first one to know." He explains, rapidly and eager to defend himself. Scorpius knew what he meant, he just liked to see Albus scramble for words. "Real-life mysteries are a lot more interesting than tv shows." He includes, referencing back to their past conversation.

"You'll be the first to know. Thank you." Scorpius stood there awkwardly, holding the box and files in one hand, his bag in the other. "I'll see you around." Malfoy gives him a curt nod, and turns towards the guy, closing the distance. The man greets him, and leads the rest of the way outside of Hogwarts, then disapperates away.