54 Confidence

As hip hop music blasted through the Slytherin common room, a group of students circled around for a game of spin the bottle, with a twist. Dinah danced in place to Iggy Azalea as she blasted on the speakers. Slytherin parties were arguably the best of all four houses. They rivaled Gryffindor. After all, they all strived to be the best. Dinah lip sync the words as she set down the salt shaker, lime wedges, and the shot glass. She poured the first shot.

Scorpius startled as Raven jumped to her feet beside him, as the next song that came on. "This is our song!" She tells Dinah, who immediately ups her dancing game. They proceeded to grind their hips together. Scorpius didn't bother watching; it was almost embarrassing. One sip of alcohol and Raven was dancing to Bestie by Bhad Bhabie. He wanted to return to the dorms and wash his eyes out with bleach.

As though understanding, Christine hands Scorpius the rest of her drink. He gives her a grateful glance.

James spins first when he arrives with a few more people. Scorpius notes Yann Fredericks, Rose (who dared to return), and Maria from Hufflepuff. Raven's tutor from last year. They all sit around the table, where the empty beer bottle slows and then lands on Yann. James makes a disgusted face at having to take a body shot off his best friend. "Take it off!" Dinah tells Yann, gesturing to his red tee shirt.

The boy pulls the hem up, revealing that toned Quidditch stomach, and there's murmurs of approval from around the circle as well as whistles. Scorpius tries to withdraw further into the couch as Yann leaves his chair to lay back on the table.

 Scorpius tries to withdraw further into the couch as Yann leaves his chair to lay back on the table

Dinah administers the salt up the middle of Yann's chest, and balances the lime wedge on his lips. She sets the full shot of liquor on his stomach, the glass keeping it all together. And she takes it upon herself to tie James's hands together behind his back, with a Slytherin tie. Bet he never expected himself to be tied up in one of those.

James takes the shot, his tongue trailing up Yann's chest to get that salt.

"This is a lot hotter than I thought it would be." Christine laughs, and Xavier nods in agreement. James grabs the lime from Yann's lips and it's over.

"Orion, you next?" Ashton suggests as Yann returns to his seat and pulls his shirt back on. Scorpius really didn't want to watch Orion take a shot of anyone. He wondered if he could renegotiate with Normani so he could leave.

"We're doing counterclockwise?" Dinah clarifies, pointing her finger in a swoop around the circle of students. Ashton nods at her. She gets the next tequila shot ready.

"I don't know if I want to play." Orion watched the empty bottle be set on its side once again in the middle of the table to be spun.

"Come on. It's just body shots." James nudges him. "I did it off Yann."

"You say that like I didn't taste good." Yann jokes. James makes a gagging motion. Scorpius couldn't help but chuckle at the Gryffindor Quidditch players. All of them, he realized, that sat there were on the team. Rose, Yann, James and Orion.