New Member In House

The pain of hunger in stomach dragged Srinidhi out from her deep slumber. She woke up and went directly to kitchen, But found nothing suitable to satisfy her hunger. She decided to order something having no patience to cook and have. After confirmation of order , made herself seated near the dining table and wait for food.
All beautiful memories that she had gathered in last 4-5 hours with Arun floated in her mind taking the advantage of her loneyness. A cute smile stretched her pink lips and cheeks turned into red. OMG ,She was blushing !
She changed her dress after having food and decided to thank Arun  next day when closed her dreamfull eyes.

Next morning , when she was preparing the breakfast , her pn beeped with a message.
She unlocked and read , she couldn't believe her eyes that was from her husband. (Wake up? What's going on ?) She remained in shock for sometime and didn't type anything."He had never messaged like this, What happened to him all of a sudden.Why he became so caring ?"She chuckled.

After some time, The pn rang And she picked up ,It was her husband. "Are you ok ? Have breakfast ? I have sent something as your bday gift . That will reach home soon .Yes ,I am not coming tonight. " He said without a break and cut off the call. She stood there for sometime without motions in confusion. "Hn !, Called for 1st time but don't give me a chance to speak, what is this ! Something fishy ??"She Said squeezing her eyebrows. Still she was happy with that short call . The word  ' b'day gift'revolved around her mind . She waited even after lunch but no one came to deliver anything. She again got upset (How can you do this to me ?Did I demand anything ? You yourself give me high hopes and now !)

She reached  coffee Shop . Though it was almost 4 and no-one was there. She looked around the whole Shop but couldn't spot Arun , She went to the same table which they had occupied last time , wait there with a dull face. A waiter came noticing her and said " Mam , Arun sir is not coming today. He had called in Shop landline. He came up with sudden work but he must meet you tomorrow .Please, go home."
She didn't know how to reply only nodded her head with a' Yes' came out directly.
Sitting on the bed silently, she grabbed a cushion  in anger " Why all bad things are happening with me today ? Everyone are promising and then breaking by themselves. No-one asks me ? Let's Both of them come tomorrow. I will ask each . Do they think I am a fool ?"She said punching that cushion.
That night she didn't eat anything and went to bed with sad face.

Next day Her eyes opened with a ring on doorbell."Oh fish!! Already 8:35"  blamed herself. She opened the door with half closed eyes. A middle aged man standing there holding a bag ." Namaskaar Mam, Are you Mrs Mahapatra? "She nodded."I have been ordered to give you this.plz...and yes, take this bag also." He said pointing below. She got shocked for a while when her eyes fall on that thing which was standing beside that man. A black tan dog of minimum 2 feet high with shining  brown furs and dark eyes looking her with big eyes. At first, she got panicked but then calm down herself and asked him" What ? This dog .I think you have mistaken me with someone else . By the way, Who sent you ??"
"Mam , Senior inspector Mr.Mahapatra .He called our  office and told us to deliver this dog on given address."He replied .
(Oh ! He was saying about the gift .So is this ... But a living breathing animal !) She remembered." Yes . This is correct address. You please left that dog here and what is in the bag ?Oh... Food for this cute . You give me that . Ok, Thanks ." She said with a smile when the dog entered inside.
She shut door after the visitor went out leaving the dog inside. It was not like she was afraid of dogs but for first time she saw such a big dog. She stared at the new member resting herself on shofa with confusion while that was standing in front of her with innocent face. For sometime, They both looked eachother. Suddenly her pn massage sound broke thier eye contact.She checked(I hope you love him. Don't worry,He won't harm you.He is so cute and well trained also intelligent like a human. Just be comfortable with him. You both must be friends soon. Henceforth, you are not alone .Ok  .I am busy.If you have to say something then just message me.)  She put her pn aside and slowly moved towards that humble face. He was standing there like a statue. She knelt down and examined him thoroughly. She touched him on his head and quickly took out her fingers. But he was still calm there with no expression. Then she came closer to him and hugged him from his neck . ( Ooooo ! OMG ! He isn't not harmful at all rather than He is so cute . Specially his ears ; hanging download . His eyes , dark and brown.) She signed him to come or jump or to run after like a kid. He did so.  Very soon She became familiar with her new friend and her half day passed away playing with him. Her last night promise and anger was already vanished from her mind after meeting her new family member.

So this is a short update 🙂. Next part will be published soon. Thanks for reading.please vote 🌟 below.