Fight

Disclaimer: I do not Star VS the Forces of Evil.

______________________________________________________

Ding-Dong! Ding-Dong!

The heavy bells chimed from the shelter inside the palace. It shared a signal to withdraw across Mewni. But local homes had set alight, massive buildings collapsed in rubles and fragments, and shrieks were loud amid it. It was the clamours of war. Chaos, turmoil, and ruin ensue between the dimensions.

And we should expect it.

An attack in the middle of the feast, after the demon king's imprisonment. It was the worst time to let your guard down after you find an accused. Tom theorized an attack from inside the castle. A traitor was among them.

But was any action of it ever taken?

No, because the one they prosecuted had nothing to do with it. The lone demon thought silently in prison, sitting still in an iron cage as the world fell apart. Tom said his innocence, tried to make a point. Their enemy should not be those like him.

His home. It tempted him to break the jail bars like toothpicks. He wanted to leave the jail. To protect what's left of his dear Mewni. But another part told him to stay, await what was going on. If the traitor wanted to attack, anytime was good. But now?

Someone wanted him out of it. But why was the question? Why avoid him when he was the monster of the story?

Screams and cries echoed through the halls of the jails. But he kept his silence and curiosity at bay. There was no reason to approach the metal bars. They would only kill you within arm's reach by doing so. But what had come to his jail door was the least he expected.

Men on a no, men with horse's legs were standing right before him. They were glaring, eyes sharp like humans, but their body was nothing like one. Except for the torso, of course. And he knew these beasts better, as it often said them in myths.

But how could a being like this be in Mewni? Yes, they have monsters. But never beings like this.

It held out a hand to the lock and mumbled foreign words. And within seconds, sparks flew from it. The door swung open by the centaur's push. Tom tensed as he approached.

The centaur did not care. He raised his spear and attacked the chains that held him down. It broke, but it was enough to make Tom stand up and follow him behind by a harsh tug. So he was being led. But he does not know where. He wanted to escape somewhere he could fight back and save any Mewni civilian there was. But every flicker of hope faded as it dragged him downstairs.

The deeper he went, the more bizarre the place looked. Black sticky tar enveloped the place like a spiderweb, making horrible squelching noises at every step he made. But there were spots with hard obstacles on the floor that made him trip. Tom squinted his eyes, smelling the air contaminated. But the substance was unfamiliar.

He needs to defeat this thing before they get to whatever source of evil lurking. Get answers, know what was going on. Tom took a quicker pace, loosening the chain between them. But every step he took, he wrapped the chains around his hand to keep the intensity. He warmed his feet, ready to pounce. Now it was timing.

Tom pushed his feet forward, jumping off the floor and onto him, wrapping that chain around its neck. "Argh!" That thing struggled around, pulling on the chains that Tom was pulling back. He tried to make it fall, have it surrender. Just a little longer.