Body Scan

Disclaimer: I do not Star VS the Forces of Evil.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Hey, Marco. Can I talk to you for a minute?" Asked the king of Mewni, peeking behind the office door of his adviser. The said adviser was, of course; Marco called him to, "Come in," but his brown eyes stuck fast on the documents on the desk. With him not giving the king much attention, it was easy for Tom to assume he was busy.

As King Thomas approached, the messy documents across the desk are pieces of papers with numbered words. Curious, Tom crept closer for a glance on the white sheets. 1. What's your favourite snack? 4. Where is your favourite place? 8. Who's your favourite person?

"What are you doing?"

"Getting prepared." He hummed with a grin. They were personal questions. So Tom had suspicions. "Should I report this on Janna or worry?"

"Hey! Privacy!" He gathered his papers and hid it from the Mewni King's sight.

"Marco, don't tell me you're cheating on her," Tom spoke in a low tone.

"Am not! It's for my birthday question!" He yelled, collecting the papers and stuffing them in his drawers. He grumbled nonsense that was too soft to the ears. "Well, can we talk now?"

"Yes, fine." He huffed, ushering his king to sit across from him. Tom asked, "Is Star okay?"

"Star?" He parroted, confused. No point asking him, Tom sighed. "Nevermind then."

"Okay! Okay! I may have gotten a bit distracted with my baby..." He trailed off, but Tom raised an eyebrow. "A bit?"

"Oh, please. I don't need this again." He grumbled, but Tom kept a pointed look on him. "I promise I'll finish my papers, okay?!"

Tom sighed. He was here on his wife's condition. Not critique Marco in his work. "Hekapoo has been hanging around Janna these past few days, right?"

"Yeah? I send her into Janna's office before going to work." Marco nodded.

"Did you see Star too?" He asked, hoping that his answer was yes. He had asked her location with her friends and family, but they denied her presence. Please be with Janna and Hekapoo. He hoped, but Marco shook his head, uncertain. "No, why?"

There goes for hoping. The demon king exhaled. Maybe he should tell him on this. "It's hard to see each other much these past few days. And when we do, it's from the doctor saying she fainted or looks exhausted."

"Isn't that just how pregnancy works?" Marco proposed something he could not argue. Marco has a pregnant wife of his own too. He was just repeating the same response their midwife said. Janna Ordonnia. Thanks to her, they can take quick breaks.

"I guess I'm just worried." He sighed, forgetting other points of why he was so worried for his pregnant wife.

Knock-knock!

"Oh, milord. I was searching for you." A flying monster called out behind the door, taking their attention to him instead. Curious, Marco asked. "Did something happen, Gelin?"

"The head of the magical science department wishes to speak with the king, sir Diaz. It is urgent as she waits for you near the throne room." Gelin informed.

"Well, good luck with her." He chuckled with a salute. Tom sighed but nodded to his monster butler. "I'll be there soon."

As they walked down in the hallway, he heard the faint whispers of two females arguing. As he quickened his pace and Gelin flapping his wings faster, the murmurs became clear voices he recognized well.