Flying Lessons

Disclaimer: I do not Star VS the Forces of Evil.

________________________________________________________________________________

The morning had set in, and Star grumbled in her bed. What time is it? She grabbed the clock Marco gave on her birthday. He was getting annoyed by her constant early wake-ups; he had to remind her when he wanted to wake up. Thanks to Tom, they found one that fit her. And it was pointing at 12:35 PM.

"My demon language!" She yelled, and next on cue was her compact ringing. The caller was Tom, making her bounce out from bed and racing into the bathroom. "Star?"

"Hi, Tommy! Sorry, I woke up late. I'm getting ready for our demon language lesson!" Star grabbed her pillows and threw it off the bed. Nope! Not here. The comb?! Where did she last put it?!

"Uh, about that." He continued. But Star shouted pleadingly. "Give me a minute! I promise I'll be there!"

"Is it okay if we postpone it to... um, next time?" Tom spoke up in her rush. And she struggled to comprehend his words. What just happened? Tom postponed their class together. Why? He had never done that before, and one of his favourite pastimes was doing together.

Star regains her bearings, trying to comprehend what happened. "Did something happen?"

"Yeah! I'm fine, uh, I'm having a minor problem." He brushed it off. But Star could not ignore her worries.

"What's going on there? And why can't I see you?" Star asked. Fear and worry for him were getting to her. But Tom hushed them. "No! Everything is okay! Just---WOAH!"

His loud cry and crashes vibrated through the call. Star pleaded for him to answer. But she got something else. The line died from his side, and her eyes went wide like plates.

Beep-Beep-Beep. Beep-Beep-Beep. Beep-Beep-Beep.

"Tom!" She cried out, but it gathered no response. Thoughts and ideas bubbled from the back of her mind. She could let nothing happen to him. But how to get to him in time? Think, brain! Think! Star paced from one spot to the other. Any idea was a choice. Dimensional scissors were a no go. Hekapoo makes Royal scissors to traverse at a specific location and time allowed by Hekapoo. No royal dimensional scissors could get her where Tom is. And she needs to be there now!

Ding!

Marco's scissors! Her memories jogged back in her head. Only Marco's scissors can! Since Marco and Hekapoo have bonded close, he can traverse through any dimension the cutter wants without Hekapoo's approval. That includes Tom's room!

Star grabbed her royal dimensional scissors and ripped a portal in mid-air. She was right outside his apartment building. So the first in mind was to find it and bash his door open.

Bang!

"Ow!" Marco yelped. He clasped a hand over his mouth and huddled. Turning to her with a glare, he was about to argue. But Marco held his tongue by the sight of her. She was panting. "Star, are you okay? You look pale."

"Marco! I need your scissors!" She panted out, but it confused Marco. "What?"

"Marco! I need your scissors! Tom just dropped his calls!" She shook him.

"Okay, okay... just..."

"Please, I need to get to Tom! He could be in danger!" she pleaded, and he stumbled back. He wanted to give himself room to think, but he was facing Star. It did not differ from having Mariposa beg him to call for his magical girlfriend to save a dying puppy. So good luck.