Dragon Cycling

Disclaimer: I do not Star VS the Forces of Evil.

_______________________________________________________________________________

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Marco asked with a worried expression. Both Hekapoo and his dragons were sleeping by his sides.

"Oh, totally, totally, totally! It's a surprise for him!" Star grinned, pulling on a red dragon's chains, attached to a spiked collar. That dragon belongs to the Prince of the Underworld.

"And your surprise is..." He hoped she would answer his question. "It's a secret! Just help me learn how to ride a dragoncycle!"

Marco sighed at her excitement. Yes, teaching a curious Star something can be fun and beneficial. But teaching a reckless Star something dangerous can also be alarming. With her repetitively saying surprises, it was scaring him. She might accidentally rub a part of the dragon that can release fireballs, or turn the dragon's head a little too harsh, or maybe, More dangerous possibilities popped in his head. Marco sighed. Perhaps he should have let Tom teach her how to ride the dragon.

"Just make him ride and control the head," Hekapoo explained, taking a sip through the straw of her cherry cola. Her new favourite drink.

"H-poo!" She nudged him at the side with a glare. "What did we say about that?"

Marco ignored her. He had to when they were facing Star. He turned back to Star with stern but worried eyes. "Look, Star. Dragon cycling is more than that. It's--"

With a quick kick at the side, Hampton growling an engine. "Thanks, guys!"

Star flew off into the sky, holding the horns tight. They were flying free, no problems, no obstacles. She was acting like a complete professional. See? Nothing bad happening! Marco was being worried for nothing!

"See? You're a good boy!" She grinned, proud of themselves and excited to surprise Tom. She had her picnic basket ready at the back with food and herself eager as usual. Nothing could go wrong now, right?

Hampton took a turn upwards to downwards, making a big loop. The red dragon flew through the sky like an aimless bird. "Hampton!"

All she could do was hug him for dear life, scream at him to stop. Before she knew it, a familiar basket was floating in the sky. How?! The aggressive stunts had loosened the picnic basket from the back. The dragon saw it too and flew towards it with a gaping jaw. "No!"

Smash!

He chewed on the basket and all the snacks she wanted to have with Tom. "You bad boy!" Star scolded him, trying to make him listen. "Stop!" But he didn't. He dipped down under, dragging Star with him. The wind blew right in her face. Now all she could do was scream.

"Hampton, stop!"

Screech!

The sound of wheels screeching at the ground and stopped them from moving. Star looked up to see Tom standing right in front of them with his arms outstretched. She had to get off, find and hug him for life. But the second she tried standing, Star stumbled down.

"Starship, you're okay?" Tom approached her. With his hand on her shoulder, she looked up. Her precious blue eyes were damp with tears. But he had to comfort her, especially riding Hampton.

"Aw, babe... Come here," Tom carefully got her off the dragoncycle properly. He offered her a shoulder to cry on, letting her settle into his warm hugs. The demon prince was cooing faint nothings to ease her troubled heart. "You're safe, Star. You're safe..."