Flying Lessons 2 (Rings)

Disclaimer: I do not Star VS the Forces of Evil.

________________________________________________________________________________

It was an early morning as Star carries a basket full of burritos and other snacks. Tom invited and gave her the address of the location. So here she is at the arena, different from their grass field. There were seats above to let spectators judge and cheer for the fighters below. This feels like an invitation to an in-flight fight.

Her blue eyes scanned around and found one being there. There was a pair of huge feathery white and brown wings with blue hair tied high. Star leans close, using her hand to shadow her squinting eyes. Upon closer inspection, the winged being was someone she was familiar with. Star grinned.

"Morning, Janna! I got a burrito for you!" Star waved, rushing to her side.

"Morning," Janna smiled at Star before turning back to her enormous wings. Star kneeled close to observe them. It was her first time seeing them, and they were as big as Tom's. But they were feathery like a bird. However, what she was doing to them, Star was unsure. "What are you doing?"

"Just taking out some needle feathers. Been awhile since I used them." Another golden needle joined the stack.

"Stay back for a bit, I need to check for leftovers." Star got up and did as ordered. Janna swung her wings around and a few more needles hit the ground upright. She sighed, "Hope that's the least of it."

"Is it important for Tom to do this too?"

"No, his wing habits will depend on his bat wings. Mine is like eagles." Janna explained, stretching her wings and her body.

"Oh! Is it like the eagle on the American Flag Marco said?"

"Philipine Eagles. It's a native eagle from the Phili—one of the Southeast Asia countries." Janna corrected herself. The girl barely knows how Europe is, it would take a while to explain which southeast country they are discussing.

"How big are they? Do you think I can see them?" Star's blue eyes twinkled with curiosity.

"No, no..." But Janna tensed as her eyes grew heavy. She stopped stretching and rubbed her sore arm. "I don't think they exist anymore. It left the entire southeast Asia frozen because of the Universal Rip."

"Oh," They both fell silent, unable to continue their first light-hearted conversation. The topic Janna mentioned was never a simple thing.

Universal rip. Long story short, it happened after Glossaryck's death and the Magical High Commission on disbandment. Without magic and Hekapoo to regulate portals in their universe, they rip up at random and civilizations end up at the mercy of random aliens or monsters that pass through. A lot happened in Janna's perspective, and she rarely talks about it. But it helped Janna get the wings, so there was a benefit to the calamity.

"How's your relationship with Tom these past few days?" Janna renewed the talk with Star.

"It's great! We practiced plenty of things together with Tom's aunt. She wasn't really an excellent teacher, but we managed."

"Mm-hm, good to know." she nodded, pulling her phone out to check the timing. 3:02. He was running late, and she was losing patience. "Can you call in Lucitor? I have a meeting after this."

"Oh, right!" She walked away to the shadowy area, searching for Tom's contact. There was a beeping noise on his side, but then it changed. "Oh, um... morning, Star!"

"Hi, sweetie. We're wondering if you're coming. Where are you?"

"Yeah! I am. I just need to... get stuff." He trailed off with a drawl. But she dismissed it.