06 | drowned blood

Looking into the mirror I starred at myself observing my bruised knuckles

Hmm, not bad I smirked replying to the memories of the night. How I watched my opponent fall to the ground and try to gasp for air.

Snapping out of my thought I walked closer to the door taking a deep breath.

I knew what was about to come upon me, shit, crap, and more shit.

Opening the black doors, I stepped in seeing Mr. Russo and that bastardo.

Did he really have to be here, I thought letting the large door fall behind as I walked further up to them.

"Sir I'm back," I announced looking straight ahead seeing Enzo eyeing me up and down from the other side.

"Where the hell were you?" Antonio asked his eyes never meeting mine.

Instead, he looked out of the glass wall looking down to the lighted city.

"Nothing just went to the usual."

"You think that's a safe place to go right now?" He asked walking over to his desk nearly next to Enzo.

His hands swung in the air anger flushing all over his face. Taking a sip of his glass filled with golden liquor he placed it back.

Ever since I joined the underground I discovered my passion for underground fighting, it was my safe place releasing all the anger and stress.

Lorenzo had shown me the place when we were younger.

He would train me there with some underground fighters who were good friends of António and a couple of years later I was worthy and legal to fight myself and since then I could not stop going back, not that I did not want to. 

"There is no safe place for me right now, might as well enjoy it," I said scarcely smirking.

Life was too short might as well enjoy it.

"This conversation is not over." He stated shaking his head in disbelieve.

This wasn't going to be easy I thought as I nodded in response walking out of his office pulling my shirt over my body to get a closer look at my stomach.

I closed my eyes my shirt falling back over my body seeing the scar that had opened up the other day still fresh.

Opening the door to Isa's room I saw her sitting on her bed beside Aeron the doctor of the Russo's.

Both heads snapped in my direction eyeing me confused.

"I need a drink," I announced, taking the bottle off her nightstand and gulping it down my throat.

______________

Walking out of my room my head started pounding and my eyes were nearly closed because of the lack of sleep I had consumed the previous night.