43 | drowned blood

PREVIOUSLY ON DROWNED BLOOD

"Because the whole time we had been searching for the wrong man while the main player was right before our nose.

____

It took us exactly three days to finally catch Cara Moretti.

The first day we were going through all tapes around Milan and hacking into every accessible account we could.

"So, what do we have until now?" Enzo asked coming back from a phone call he had with Killian Vadini

"Not much," Lorenzo answered calm not rushing too much.

Octavia was watching him work while she ate her sandwich.

"I told Killian to look out for her. If she's found doing anything and they take her in, she's ours." Everyone was as calm as an unbothered four-year-old who had no worries.

"A weapon has been bought from Milos. One I created a few weeks back, it's a heavy arm and expensive. She bought it. She may have given Milo a false name, but he recognized her." Augusto said walking into the room with a glass of whiskey.

"She stole the money from the mansion. The hidden gems I keep are gone. I didn't care to look into it since I had bigger things to worry about." He said giving me a wink.

Instantly Enzo glared at him causing him to jump back faking a scared face.

"How much was it worth?" Isa asked walking in with a full box of food. Without hesitation, Octavia leaned over the aisle taking a sandwich causing Lorenzo to chuckle and kiss her head.

"A couple ... million." Instantly everyone looked at him with a glare knowing all too well it wasn't from a mission he took the goods.

"What? It's my profession I do have to train for that you know." He said innocently taking a sandwich out of the box and ruffling Isa's hair which caused her to scowl and him to smile in return.