29. Break Up

Y/N's POV
After taking off my heels, I threw my bag onto the couch and sat on the floor with tears pooling in my eyes.

"Ah, why am I crying?"
I mumbled out loud and wiped my tears with the back of my hand pathetically.

I crawled to the couch and grabbed my phone before dialling in Jungkook's number, hoping that he would answer the call.

As expected, he declined it and sent me a text instead.

Jungkook:
sorry peanut
i cant talk rn
im in a meeting
ill call u back later
wait for me :(

Me:
okay

Well, he is a busy man. How can I get fooled by that sly woman? It was foolish of me to believe her, but anyone would fall for that.

Jungkook's voice, I mean, the fake Jungkook's voice on the phone sounded so similar. I couldn't even tell that it was a voice fish or phish or whatever it's called.

I ruffled my hair out of frustration. After a few moments, I picked up my phone to call Jinyoung and Hae Na over to hang out.

Soon enough, the both of them arrived at the same time. Jinyoung cooked us some noodles as Hae Na and I talked about work which reminded me that I left the meeting without telling Mr Jung. I'm dead.

"You don't look too good, Y/N. What's up?"
Jinyoung questioned before slurping onto his noodles.

"Well, something happened."
I said nonchalantly as I stared at my bowl expressionlessly.

"So what exactly happened?"
Hae Na placed down her chopsticks and turned to face me. I gulped before settling down my utensils as well.

Flashback
"Honey, don't you know voice phishing?"
She laughed out loud sarcastically and wiped away her imaginary tears.

I felt fire boiling in my blood as my fists curled into a ball. Trying not to burst, I bit onto my bottom lip and took in a deep breath before exhaling sharply.

"So you're telling me that you don't have Jungkook?"
I took a step closer to her.

"Jungkook is safe and sound for now, but I can't guarantee his safety after hearing your answer to my next question."
I gritted my teeth hard when she shot me a murderous glare.

"Fire away."

"Break up with Jungkook. Simple."
She smiled and twirled a few strands of her hair.

"And if I don't?"
I let out a scoff in disbelief.

"Aw, come on. Don't make me start a bitch fight."

"You started it already."

Yejin walked a circle around me and scanned me from bottom to top as I narrowed my eyes at her, feeling very triggered and uncomfortable.

"I heard that you have two close friends, hm? What were their names again? Hae Na and Jinyoung, was it?"
She wondered out loud and eyed at the boy with a smirk on as the boy nodded numbly, keeping his gaze on the ground.