39. Hang In There

Y/N's POV
Jungkook and I stepped out of the courthouse together with reporters and fangirls surrounding us.

Donghee and a few other bodyguards secured us and led us to the van. We took off our masks and wiped away the sweats on our forehead.

Donghee started driving as Jungkook and I remained silent at the back seat. I stared out the window and massaged my temples to relieve the banging headache.

After being discharged from the hospital, Big Hit decided to finally announce our relationship to the public. I received a lot of hate but also a lot of love from his fans.

As for Yejin, she got charged with attempted murder and assault. It was unfortunate for her since she had to get locked up at such a young age which made me feel bad about it. Her life was ruined and it must be hard for her.

I also explained the whole situation I was in to Mr Jung. Fortunately, he understood and didn't fire me. He gave me a few days off and even sent flowers to congratulate me for being discharged from the hospital. He's a good guy and a great boss to work with.

Until now, Jungkook still hasn't told me anything about him leaving for his tour and that made me very upset and disappointed.

The fact that I had to hear these things from the news or from Jinyoung and Hae Na pisses me off. Why can't he tell me directly himself? Maybe he had his reasons and I'm just being selfish but still, it feels like he doesn't trust me.

"Jungkook, I'll drop you off at the airport first. The other members are there."
My ears perked up when Donghee spoke up, breaking the awkward dead silence.

I looked to the side with the corner of my eyes and noticed when Jungkook shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

He's leaving today and he's still not telling me anything.

I decided to give up on waiting for him and just get straight to the point with him.
"Are you going somewhere?"
I asked him cautiously, scanning his face.

His eyes darted to everywhere but me as he fiddled with his fingers anxiously.

It seemed like he didn't wanted to answer me so I asked him again.
"When will you be back?"

Finally, he turned his head to me and locked eyes with mine. He gulped the lump down in his throat before speaking up in a shaky tone.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

Hesitantly, he took my hand into his and started rubbing the back of my hand in a circular motion, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Listen Y/N, the tour has been postponed and I have to leave earlier than expected. I'm sorry for telling you so last minute, I couldn't bring myself to tell you earlier."
He finally confessed.

I nodded numbly and pressed my lips into a thin line. Surely, I was disappointed but I can't blame him.

"How long will you be gone?"
I asked with a forced smile.

He took a few moments to think about it before responding in a low tone.
"A-About six months or more? I'm really so—"

"Stop apologising. You're making me feel bad."
I interrupted him before he could finish his sentence.

The drive to the airport then became quiet again. We decided to just enjoy the comfortable silence as he held my hand firmly, interlocking our fingers together.

Half and hour passed by quickly and we reached the airport. As always, the whole airport was packed with their fans. They seriously looked like zombies from afar since there were so many of them.

Soon, the van was surrounded by armies and I was terrified when a girl launched herself onto the van. This teen needs to calm her ass down.

I then turned my head to Jungkook who tightened his grip on my hand.

Third-Person's POV
Luckily, the blinds were up. People couldn't see anything in the van but we could see everything outside. Bodyguards secured the van as well to escort Jungkook.

"I'll leave you two some time. Don't take too long though."
Donghee said and hopped off when he saw how Jungkook was staring at Y/N through the rear view mirror.

"I guess this is goodbye then."
Y/N smiled bitterly and tried to release herself from Jungkook's grasp but failed.

Jungkook felt mixed emotions going on at the same time in his head. He wanted to just quit being an idol to spend more time with her, but he couldn't do that.

He snaked his arms around her waist and pulled her into his embrace. He wanted to hold her one last time before leaving her for months.

"I'll miss you."
She rested her head on his chest and bit her bottom lip when she felt tears threatening to fall from her eyes, she held it in anyways.

"You should get going now. You can't miss your flight and your fans are eager to see you."
She cringed when her voice cracked.

Jungkook remained silent, he didn't wanted to let go. He had this crazy idea of running away with Y/N since they had the van. He wanted to just shove her into his luggage and take her with him so that they won't be separated. Then again, it was just his crazy ideas.

"Will you wait for me?"
He whispered, his voice was so soft that it was almost inaudible.

Y/N slowly nodded as they pulled away from the hug. She cupped both of his cheeks lovingly and pressed her lips onto his gently.

A lone tear streamed down his cheek as she wiped it away with her thumb. She disconnected her lips from his and smiled.

"Don't skip your meals, eat vitamins, remember to exercise, don't get too close with other guys and take care of yourself. Call me when you're bored or when you need me."

"Don't be such a worry wort, I'm a grown woman. I can take care of myself."
She reassured him by caressing his hair gently.

"You just got discharged from the hospital, so don't do anything extreme or stupid, okay?"

"Okay."

"Also, don't go out alone at night for snacks, just cook ramen at home or go over to Hae Na's place, okay?"

"Okay."

"Don't—"

"You're going to miss your flight."
Y/N interrupted him which made him purse his lips.

He stared at his girlfriend and hugged her again one last time before touching her cheeks gently.
"I'll come back. It's just a few months, wait for me."

With that, he got out of the van and immediately got mobbed by his fans as he walked into the airport without looking back, holding in the tears that were threatening to fall.

Y/N didn't hesitate to let her tears stream down her cheeks as she watched Jungkook's back slowly disappearing from her sight.

She slumped down in her seat and placed a hand on her forehead after closing her eyes.

"Just hang in there for a few months."

To Be Continued

wuuuuww sorry for the long wait its a boring chap but meh HAHAHAHAH do vote and comment if u enjoyed it tho ;)