23. Note

Y/N's POV
I threw myself onto the couch and let tears flow out from my eyes pathetically. Everything happened so quickly, I felt so dead and fed up with life.

It has been two busy weeks. I worked with Donghee for a week and then I became BTS's official manager for the other week. That was until Mr Bang decided to fire me for good.

Apparently, he told me that I was bringing the group down because of the dating scandal with Jungkook. The thing is, it wasn't a scandal, it was a fact.

Also, he said that I was irresponsible because I messed up their schedule for one time. I admit I was wrong.

More articles were released for the past two weeks and I couldn't even eat out in peace.

Some random girls would walk up to me and say something like, 'Aren't you Jungkook's girlfriend?' 'Oh wow, you're not really pretty.' 'Did you put a love potion in his drink or something?'

Jungkook and I rarely have time to be alone and to just enjoy each other's company. He also doesn't come back to his apartment opposite from mine these days.

I was upset since I couldn't spend quality time with him but I couldn't do anything. I didn't wanted to annoy him or be a burden to him.

I was also disappointed at the fact that I had just gotten close to each members and we were really comfortable with each other, but I have to leave.

I thought I finally had a stable job to at least support myself. I was dead wrong. Now I am jobless, again.

"Y/N, I'm coming in. We need to talk."
I quickly wiped away my tears when I heard Jungkook's voice from outside.

Footsteps could be heard when the door opened and shut. Jungkook sat himself beside me and embraced me almost immediately when he saw my puffy eyes.

"I'm sorry. I will talk to Bang PD and I will deal with the articles. Please don't ignore me."
His voice came out muffled since he buried his face into the crook of my neck.

"No, don't. Don't be sorry, don't talk to Bang PD and don't deal with the articles."
I said, trying to hold in my tears as I placed my hands on his chest and pushed him away.

He tried to hug me again but I simply sat further away from him.

Not because I was being childish and angry, I was just worried that he might smell my silent fart, hopefully it doesn't smell that bad.

"Why? You did nothing wrong at all. He shouldn't fire you just because of me."

"No, Jungkook. It's true that I messed up your schedules and I failed to do my job properly. Also, I don't care about the articles—"

"But the comments about you—"

"Jungkook, those silly comments doesn't affect me one bit. So, don't worry and go back to practice. I'll be fine. I just need to find a new job. Okay?"
I pinched his lips to shut him up and reassured him.

He scooted closer to me and I let him snake his arms around my body, giving in to the hug.

"I'm sorry."

"I swear to god, I will punch you if you apologise again."
I smacked the back of his head lightly as he grinned, nodding aggressively.

"Is Donghee going to be your manager again then?"
I questioned. I wasn't mad but I admit that I felt a little salty.

"Mmhm. I'm going to miss you."
He replied, pressing his lips onto my cheek as I smiled.

"We can meet up when you're free. I'll be busy these days looking for a job too. So don't worry about me and focus on your work. I heard that you're going to a tour soon."

I pulled away from the hug and brushed my fingers through his hair, playing with it for awhile.

"Yeah, in a few months. I have to go now. I'm already late for practice. Stay safe."
He said and stood up with a pout.

I walked him to the door and he hugged me one last time before leaving me alone.

###
"So how are you and Jungkook?"
Hae Na asked, sipping onto her tea as I sipped onto my bubble tea as usual.

Hae Na called me over to her salon after she heard that I got fired. It was her break time so we were chilling out at the pantry area.

"We're good. Nothing has changed except we can't see each other often now."
I replied and bit the straw of my drink.

"Are you back to being unemployed?"
I nodded to her question and sunk in my seat, staring at the ceiling blankly.

"Do you want me to help you? My boss's son is pretty hot and he's a CEO of a famous magazine company. Maybe he could get you a job there."

She leaned closer and quirked her brows up and down with a smug smirk.

"Really? Is he good looking? How old is he? Which company?"
I jumped up from my chair and widened my eyes out of excitement.

Maybe I could meet up with him, maybe luck is on my side after all, maybe I won't be jobless for the rest of my life.

"Not as handsome as Jungkook but yeah, he's hot. I'm not sure about his age but he's the CEO for Jung's Publishing. His name is Jung Jae In."

"Oh my gosh, can you set me up with him? I really need a job. I can't afford to be jobless for another month. I will be broke."
I put on my puppy eyes and did a little celebration dance when she agreed to help me.

"Thanks, hun. You're the best."

"I know."

Jungkook's POV
After practice, we went back to our dorm and I took a shower before plopping myself down on the sofa.

"Hyung, I want to go home."
I whined to Jimin who was scrolling through his phone beside me.

"We are at home."
He simply replied with his gaze still fixed on the phone.

"I mean like my home. The apartment that I bought."
I crawled over to his side and leaned my head on his shoulder.

He finally put his phone away and shrugged.
"Why? You want to see Y/N?"

"Yes, I want to see her now."
I puckered my lips as he sighed and ruffled my hair.

"Do you like her?"

"Are you being sarcastic or is that really a question?"
I narrowed my eyes at him as he giggled.

"Then go to her but be careful."

"YES! Thank you hyung~"

I punched my fists in the air happily and rushed to my room to put on a coat before dashing to my apartment, feeling excited to see my precious girlfriend.

After about 30 minutes of driving, I finally reached my destination and ran up the stairs. I hummed as I skipped to Y/N's unit but stopped when I saw a pink sticky note on her door.

Hesitantly, I picked up the note and furrowed my brows when I read the three letters written on it.

'you.'

To Be Continued