40. Me Or Him

Eight Months Later ;
Y/N's POV
"Mr Jung, your coffee."
I handed him his white thermos as he nodded with a smile.

"After we're done with this, let's go grab a snack."
He said, gesturing to the papers in his hands.

I hummed as a response and fixed his neck tie which was kinda crooked. I tiptoed as he bent down a little for me to adjust it for him.

After I finished fixing his tie, I tapped his shoulder and straightened his suit as well. He needs to look fabulous since it's an important meeting for him and the company.

Noticing his intense stare on me, I gazed into his eyes with a confused look. He remained silent and stared deep into my soul.

"Too close."
He whispered, finally looking away from me.

I thought about it for a moment and realized how close we were. I cleared my throat and distanced myself away from him after apologizing softly.

"You ready?"
A small smile played on his lips as I returned the smile.

I nodded firmly before the both of us walked into the meeting room with our chins high up in the air, feeling confident and fabulous.
__

After the meeting, we headed to a nearby coffee shop since we were starving.

The coffee shop was decorated with colourful fairy lights, it felt magical with people enjoying their drinks and cakes. Everyone seemed happy.

I smiled at the beautiful scene and snapped my head towards the girl behind the counter when it was our turn to order.

"What do you want to drink?"
I asked Jae In who was typing a long message on his phone as if he was typing out an essay.

He ignored me and didn't bother to look up from his phone. Assuming that it was some important work, I decided to just order two hot chocolate with a strawberry cake and paid for the bill.

I led him to a table by the window after grabbing our food and drinks. Seeing how he was still typing aggresively, I stared out the window and enjoyed the breathtaking view of California.

We had some work to do here and I must say, the weather here is awesome. I told Jinyoung and Hae Na that I'll be working overseas for a week or two.

The two started dating after Jinyoung confessed to Hae Na. I would feel like a third wheel whenever I'm with them.

Noticing that his chocolate was getting cold, I tapped his hand softly, only to get swatted away by him, causing me to frown slightly.

"Jae In, your drink is getting cold."

I got ignored again.

"Jung Jae In!", I raised my voice unintentionally and mentally slapped myself after realizing what I said.

I know he told me call him by his name whenever we're not working, but he was still my boss. To be honest, he's not only my boss, he's more than that.

He snapped his head towards me with his brows raised, finally placing down his phone on the table.
"I'm sorry. What were you saying?"

"What were you doing?"
I asked, gesturing over to his phone which he looked at it quickly and smiled to me, taking my hand into his gently.

"I needed to confirm something with a client. He was being annoying so I got pissed. I'm sorry for ignoring you. What did you wanted to tell me?"
He asked as he rubbed my hands.

"Nothing important. I got you a hot chocolate."
I smiled, pushing the mug to him carefully.

He chuckled and caressed my cheeks as I flinched slightly at his touch.
"Thank you, you know me the best."

I hummed as a response and watched him sip his hot chocolate. We talked about work and normal stuff.

"We're going to meet a friend of mine tonight. You okay with that? It's not a business thing. He's my childhood friend."
Jae In changed the topic suddenly which made me grin in excitement.

"Sure, I'm fine with it. Who is he? Or is it a she?"
A playful smirk appeared on my face unintentionally.

He startled me by leaning closer to me. His hand traveled up to my chin as he caressed it gently.
"You jealous?"

I scrunched my face and scoffed after pushing him away.
"In your dreams. So who is it?"

"Tony, we're meeting up at the stadium and he'll give us a tour around the backstage. I heard there's a big concert going on tonight. We have to be there by evening."
He explained the details as I nodded with my lips pressed into a thin line.

"Sure. Let's go back to the hotel and wash up first."
__

"Pleasure to meet you, Tony."
We shook hands. Tony was a polite and easygoing guy.

It was already 5. The concert is going to start at around 7p.m. We were at a huge stadium.

The stadium was still empty but people started queuing up outside. I felt chills running down my spine when we walked up the big stage.

"Wow, this place is huge."
Jae In commented, spinning around in circles on stage like a kid.

"It sure is. I mean, the ones performing are super hot and famous."
Tony said after letting out a chuckle.

I raised an eyebrow at him out of curiosity.
"Oh really? Who's performing tonight?"

He had a smug smirk on his face, making me even more curious.
"Do you know B-"

"Tony! We just wanted to make sure— Y/N?"
A familiar voice interrupted him.

Feeling my heartbeat increasing, I turned my head to the owner of the voice and gasped softly when I recognised him almost immediately.

"Namjoon," my lips tugged up into a smile, but that smile soon disappeared after six other familiar men walked up the stage behind Namjoon.

"Y/N? Oh my god, Y/N! Long time no see!"
Jimin ran to me and embraced me into a friendly hug in which I returned gladly.

"Jimin! How are you?"
I giggled after pulling away from the hug.

Hoseok showed me a pout and lunged himself onto me as well. Soon, it turned into a group hug, but we left a person out, Jungkook.

I quickly averted my gaze away from him once we locked eyes. Swallowing down the huge lump in my throat, I faked a smile and tried to ignore him.

"You guys know each other?"
Tony asked, pointing to me and the boys. I nodded as a response and introduced Jae In to them.

"Yup, she was Jung—"
Taehyung answered, only to get slapped in the arm by Jin as Taehyung's mouth quickly formed into an 'O'.

It has been months since I last saw him. I could feel my heart drumming agaisnt my rib as if it was the first time seeing him. Our memories were still fresh in my mind.

I gazed at him intently with the corner of my eyes. He had both of his hands buried deep in the pockets of his sweatpants. His tattoo revealing since he was wearing a t-shirt.

I noticed that he pierced another hole in his ears. His body were way more muscular than before. Same goes to the rest of the members. What's gotten into them? Someone close the gym.

I flinched when I felt a cold touch on my arm. I turned to face Jae In who had an unreadable expression on his face.

He pulled me away from the group and stared straight into my soul, causing me to furrow my brows at him in confusion.

"Your eyes." He said.

I tilted my head to aside and signalled him to continue.

"Do you see me or him now?"

To Be Continued

i have no idea where dis is going im confused myself but TYSM to y'all who still read dis shitty book lmao