Chapter 2: Going Up The Country

Fear and love. They were what Christian sensed. He was currently at Max's apartment with all the other vampires getting ready to head to the city. Christian and India were carrying bags over to the door when Christian suddenly dropped the bag he was carrying. India looked over to him, concerned, and asked him what happened. He explained to her what was going on and that he knew exactly who it was coming from. Christian's blood was in a lot of people around the world because he had been alive for so long. However, he knew it was Jake's feelings he was currently sensing because he was the most recent person to receive Christian's blood and because they also a strong connection that they didn't fully understand yet. Without saying another word to India or anyone else, Christian sped out of the apartment and headed to Mary's house.

He arrived there faster then he normally would because of how strong Jake's emotions were. Jake was obviously in pain but he was also sad, angry, happy and relieved. He was relieved because turning Lu had worked. He was happy because Lu wasn't dead, she came back to him. He was angry at himself because he knew Lu would hate him for doing this to her. He was sad because he knew Lu now had to do what she was currently doing to survive.

As soon as Christian looked around at the scene and figured out what was happening, he dove into action. He saw Mary screaming at Lu to stop and her hands slightly lighting up because she knew of she tried anything she might get killed. He saw Jade watching and doing nothing apart from roll her eyes. And finally he saw Jake getting feasted on by Lu in an extremely violent manner. Lu was a baby-vampire but she was attacking Jake like she knew what she was doing and was controlling her urges completely. Christian without wasting any more time sped over to Jake and grabbed Lu by the back of her neck. The next thing he did was throw her to the side so she landed in front of Mary and Jade. Instantly Lu stood up again and let out a horrible scream that sounded like a mix of anger and pain.

"No" yelled Christian in an extremely loud and deep voice once he saw Lu was about to start running towards Jake again. Lu stopped attempting to move and just looked at Christian with a shocked look on her face. Christian then pointed to the house and shouted "Go. Now."

Instantly and without hesitation, apart from a little growl of anger, Lu sped into Mary's house. Mary and Jade watched as Lu almost broke the door off of it's hinges. They then turned back towards Christian and watched as he helped Jake up off the floor.

"Are you alright?" He asked, looking at all the blood that was on his shirt and also the ground.

"Yeah, I'll be fine" answered Jake, shaking his head slightly because he was obviously a little dizzy.

All four of them turned to look at the house once they started hearing things smash inside. Lu was obviously going on a little rampage because she was frustrated. Mary, Jake and Jade all then looked back to Christian again who could only sigh, hang his head and let out "God damn it."

- • -

"How did you control her?" Asked Mary whilst they all still stood outside the house. "I thought vampires could only be controlled by their Makers."

"They can but I'm technically her Maker's Maker so I have a little bit of power over her as well" answered Christian. "No one really knows where the limitations to that power end but they do know that it completely disappears once the Maker releases their Progeny."

"How did she enter the house?" Wondered Jake.

"What do you mean?" Replied Christian.

"Like, how did she enter the house?" Jake repeated. "I thought vampires could only enter human properties if the owner of that property let them in."

"That is also technically true but Lu is a new vampire and their powers and abilities can be unpredictable" answered Christian. "Sometimes they can be strong enough to force their way past the boundary that usually stops vampires."