Chapter 6: Silver

Everyone had realised that they couldn't go to Max's apartment because Lucas probably knew about that as well. So, they decided to head to either Mary's, Jake's or Lu's house. Jake's house was quickly crossed out because they didn't know if his dad was just going to show up out of no where. Plus, he knew they were all vampires so that was also a bit risky. It was between Mary or Lu. In the end, they decided to head to Lu's house. This was decided because Lu was a new enough vampire that no one, except for all of them, knew about her. Obviously Kat had now seen her but she wouldn't know who she was. She wouldn't even know who Jake or Mary were as well. Lu's house was also picked because it had the restaurant with it. The smell of all the humans there would mask the smell of all the vampires in the house. Just in case Kate started to search the town.

After driving back from Hallows Grove, they finally arrived at Lu's house. Jake was a little annoyed because his car had been scratched a bunch but he came to the conclusion that it could have been worse. Lu was happy to let everyone hide out at her house but she was also nervous because she didn't know how her de would react to everyone else. However, he had already met Jade and she was probably one of the worst to meet first. Everyone walked up to the front door, with Lu in front. She then knocked on the door and waited. After about a minute of hearing someone shuffling around, the front door opened to reveal her dad. The both of them smiled and then hugged.

"Back so soon" said Ben, separating from the hug.

"Yeah" replied Lu, sounding shy.

"Aren't you going to introduce me?" Asked Ben, motioning towards everyone stood behind Lu.

"Oh yeah. Well you already know Mary, Jake, Max and Jade. The rest are my friends I guess" answered Lu. After finishing her sentence, she then started to sound serious. "Dad, we need some he-"

"Come in" interrupted Ben, now sounding serious as well. He then moved to the side of the door and gestured for everyone to come into the house. Everyone slowly made their way inside and the Ben closed the door behind himself. "So what's the problem?"

"We're in a bit of trouble and we need somewhere to hide for a little bit" said Lu.

"Is it vampire trouble?" Asked Ben.

"Yes" answered Lu, looking down like she was ashamed.

"Well you're welcome to stay here as long as you need" said Ben, to Lu and everyone else.

"Thank you" said everyone in their own separate way.

"Dad, you don't have to do this if you don't feel comfortable" said Lu.

"Lu, hunny, whatever you're going through, whether it be vampire problems or something else, I will always be there for you" replied Ben, smiling and opening his arms for a hug which Lu happily accepted. "I love you."

"I love you too" said Lu, her eyes tearing up.

"Eh hmm" added Jade, tapping Lu on the shoulder to get her attention. Lu turned her head to look at Jade. "Vampire tip, don't ever cry. Blood tears are not attractive."

"Noted" said Lu with a monotone voice and blank stare.

- • -

In Kat's mind she didn't lose the fight to Christian and everyone else, she just never got to finish it. They all retreated whilst she would never do anything like that because in her mind it's cowardly. However, since she had last them after they drove away, she had no other choice but to return to Lucas and inform him of what happened. Kat and the followers had left Limbo, driven out of Hallows Grove, and were just about arriving at the church. Kat climbed out the van and headed inside. She then walked down a couple corridor, down some stairs and into a small room. At first glance it would just look like any other ordinary office but if you payed enough attention you would be able to work out that most the things on the walls were to do with Lucas' plan. Lucas was sat at a desk facing the door so he instantly looked up from what he was doing when Kat walked in. She could tell he was anxious but excited to hear how it went.