Chapter 3: Through The Valley

Silence. There wasn't a noise from anyone. Ever since Lucas had explained what happened to Charlie, the audience was stunned. Everyone just watched as Lucas and Charlie stood on the stage and waved to them like what they had done was a normal thing that happens everyday. Max and all the other vampires kept looking at each other and towards the stage. They all knew Lucas exposing their existence was a massive risk but turning people into vampires to 'cure' them even more insane. Mate assumed even the BVC had no idea Lucas had this planned and he was not excited to get shouted at for not predicting and stopping it. Out of nowhere, Lucas tapped the mic again and gained everyone's attention.

"So, my proposition" said Lucas, still smiling. However, before he could say anything more the crowds of people burst out into noise again. Some were disgusted with what he had done to Charlie, others were cheering because he had saved Charlie's life, and there was a separate group of people just stood thinking about how Lucas had pretty much just found a way to eradicate illness. Lucas tapped the mic once more and waited for people to stop making noise. "My proposition is this: humans give vampires equal rights to things as if we were one of you, we live peacefully together, coexisting like ostriches and zebras do in the wild. You will also donate blood about once a month to help feed the vampires of Britain so that they do not starve. And in exchange me, my Progeny and our devout followers will help cure the sick and dying. We will give them new life that will not end. I'd say that that was a pretty decent trade if you ask me. So, what do you think?"

Predictably, the crowds of people started to shout again. If you thought about it, it seemed like an alright deal. True the proportions of vampires to humans would be thrown off massively and humans that weren't sick or dying would have to donate a lot of blood to keep the vampires alive but overall, there were worse deals that were made throughout history. As the main group looked around them, they could see people thinking it was a horrible idea and others thinking it was one of the best thinks ever suggested. Maybe it was but when things are thrown off balance like they would be if this happened, things tend to fall apart soon after.

The audience members were pretty much already a riot and the main group wouldn't have been surprised if people started to storm the stage. However, just as they thought that might happen, there was a loud explosion from behind them. They all turned around and what they saw was a massive tower of smoke coming from one of the surrounding buildings. There were people screaming, some from fear and some from pain. Then, another explosion and another. The were bombs going off everywhere and they were slowly making their way towards the stage and the group. India, thinking quickly, worked out how many buildings were in between each explosion and then pointed to the building that was going to blow up next. The main group scattered, trying to get as far away from the building as possible. India had be right because the building she had pointed to suddenly exploded, sending loads of people flying or just altogether incinerating them.

India then turned her body, called everyone to look at her and then pointed to the next building. Everyone looked in the direction and saw that there was a large group of people surrounding it. However, Christian looked deeper into the crowd and saw Paul trying to help people who were getting trampled. Instantly, Christian sped through the mobs of people and arrived in front of Paul. He looked shocked and a little bit scared, not knowing how to react when someone appeared out of no where.

"Who are you?" Shouted Paul over the screams of the civilians.

"I'm a friend of your son" shouted Christian with a smile. He then grabbed Paul by the shoulders and quickly sped away from the soon to be destroyed building. Christian finally stopped moving when he was down an alleyway and let Paul go. Paul stumbled backwards, looking dazed and then covered his ears as the bomb went off.