Chapter 6 The Beginning of the End

Luckily when we get to Deaton’s Scott isn’t there. Deaton leads us to the back room. After a moment he motions for me to speak. “You mentioned that I have a Spark inside me. I want to know how to get in touch with it.” I announce.

Both Deaton and Isaac look surprised. Deaton quickly recovers. “Well you have to look deep inside of yourself and find the Spark, then connect with it.” Deaton explains.

“And after I’ve done that, how do I use it? Do I need to learn spells like at Harry or what?” I question.

“Using your Spark is more of an instinct. Some things do need a verbal spell but most don’t. You have to focus and think about what you want to happen and if you truly believe it’ll happen. I think you’ll catch on fairly quickly if you set your mind to it.” Deaton declares.

“Alright, thanks for the vote of confidence. Umm, one more thing. I need everything you have on mates.” I request.

This request definitely shocked Deaton. “Oh. Umm, wow. Okay. Give me a minute.” Deaton announces. He searches the bookshelves pulling a book here and there. After a few minutes he presents a stack of books to me. “These will be the most useful to you.” He supplies.

“Thank you for everything. We’ll be on our way now.” I reply. I drag Isaac out the door before Deaton can reply. I set the books down in the backseat and drive to the grocery store.

When we get out of the car Isaac finally asks the question that’s been on his mind. “Are you going to tell me what that was about?” I shake my head no. Isaac just sighs and says “Okay.”

We spend over two hours in the store and end up with three filled carts. When we get home all the wolves come out to get groceries. They’re all sweaty from training so I send them all to take a shower.

Lydia and I decide to go see if the Sherriff and Danny have had any luck with her plan. When we enter the Station, Tara is at the front desk.  “Hey Tara, is my Dad in his office?”

“Yea, go right on in. It’s good to see you kid. Don’t be a stranger.” She replies.

We walk into Dad’s office to see him standing over Danny who is sitting in his chair looking at the computer. “Hey son, Lydia, I was just about to call you guys. We found their hideout.” Dad declares.

“Really, that’s amazing! Now we just need to wait for nightfall and we can get our packmates back. Good work guys!” I applaud. “Alright Danny come on. We’re going back to the house so we can set the plan in action.” I announce as we head towards the door.

☆★☆★☆★

“Is everyone in place?” I hear Danny ask through the device in my ear. Isaac and Jackson are at the front of the building waiting to distract the Alpha Pack with a fight. Derek is on the roof ready to punch his way through the brick and into the safe where Erica and Boyd are being held. Lydia and I have found a side entrance into the back and are waiting for Danny’s go to go unlock the safe so everyone can get out. Everyone confirms that they’re in position and wait for Danny’s signal to move. After a minute or so he gives the signal. Immediately Jackson and Isaac start with the distraction from the front of the building.

Derek begins to punch through the brick and into the giant safe. It’s loud but hopefully Jackson and Isaac can distract the Alpha Pack till we can get Boyd and Erica out of there. Lydia and I enter the building from the side and head towards the safe entrance. We’re not surprised to find Kali waiting for us. “So they let the human bitch and the queen of school on the mission. Well isn’t your alpha reckless?”

“You’re going to regret that.” Lydia announces before she blows wolfs bane into Kali’s face. It immediately starts to affect her. Kali lets out a cutting howl that gets interrupted because Lydia knees her. “Not so strong now are you?” Lydia stuffs some mistletoe into Kali’s mouth which caused her to collapse and pass out.

When we get to the safe door we hear commotion inside which means Derek successes in his mission. It takes both Lydia and I to get the door to open. As soon as it is wide enough a brunette girl rushes past us. “Cora, NO!” I hear Derek yell. Derek steps out following the girl until he notices us. “Get Erica and Boyd out of there they need to see the moon as so as possible. I need to go after Cora before she hurts someone. I’ll explain later.” He says before disappearing into the building after the girl, Cora.

I enter the safe to find Boyd trying to help Erica up while supporting the both of them. I get on Erica’s other side and help them out the door. “Lydia, tell Danny to bring the car around. They won’t make it very far and I can’t support the both of them.” She presses the button on her earpiece and relays the order.

Boyd, Erica, and I make it to the side door where Danny is pulling up with any incidents. I help Boyd get Erica in the car then get himself in the car. “Alright Danny, they’re in take them to Deaton tell him to help them however he can, then come back here. We still need to take care of the Alpha Pack so we might be a while.” I instruct.

Danny accepts the information then drives off. Lydia and I go back into the building to find the others. We head towards the front to help Jackson and Isaac. “Jackson, Isaac,” I ask through the earpiece. “We got Erica and Boyd out we’re heading to you know. Is Derek with y’all?”

After a moment Jackson replies. “Now’s not a good time. We could really use that help right about now though, haven’t seen Derek either.” Before I can reply we hear a heart stopping scream from the direction Jackson and Isaac are. Lydia and I share a look before we sprint toward them.
☆★Hey guys I know its been a while since I updated any of my stories. I've just been really busy since school started and then I got into a quincenera and I got on the soccer team and I'm in uil. So I've just been really busy. I'm trying to finish all of my stories. So they're going to be more updates soon because everythings slowing down. I love you guys! Thank you for all the support!!! Stay tooned for more!!☆★