Chapter 3 Scott and Allison

“Why are you nervous?” Jackson asks the next morning on the way to school.

I sigh and settle my leg a bit. “Because,” I sigh again and look at Jackson. “He’s been my best friend since we were kids. When my mom died he was the one who was always there. I feel like I’m betraying him. It’s always been the two of us. Forever and now I don’t have that anymore.”

Jackson doesn’t say anything until I park in the school parking lot. Just as I’m about to get out of the car he grabs my arm. “It may have just been you two before, but now you have me and the whole pack with you. And if Scott is too lost in Allison world to realize how great you are then that’s his lost.”

At the end of his speech I tackle him into a hug. A few tears fall before I can stop them. “Thank you,” I say to him. Jackson just nods and pats me once before prying me off of him.

“This is designer. Don’t get it dirty before I can show it off.” Jackson says as he gets out of the car. I follow laughing.

“Pretend all you want I know deep down you care a lot.” I say as we meet up with the rest of the pack at the steps. They all take turns scent marking me then we all head to class.

☆★☆★☆★

Jackson, Isaac, Ethan, Aiden, Danny, and I walk into our first period English. Scott and Allison our in this class to so we sit on the opposite side of the classroom. We all take our seats and chat until the teacher comes in. Before she does Scott comes up to me and we all get quiet.

“What do you want, McCall?” That one was most definitely Jackson. I’ll have to praise him later.

Scott glares at him and Jackson glares right back. Derek taught them well. Scott looks back at me. “Can we talk after class? Alone?”he ask.

Before I can say anything Isaac answers. “Can you be apart from Allison that long? I was sure you would get separation anxiety.” The five of them laugh at that.

“Sure.” I say to him and he retreats back to Allison. I sigh and shake my head. Things won’t change will they?

☆★☆★☆★

After class Scott drags me to an empty classroom. I sit on a desk and look at him. “Well? You wanted to talk didn’t you? I’m here so talk.” I say.

As Scott opens his mouth to talk the door opens, and in walks Allison.

“I thought we were having a conversation just the two of us. Why is SHE here?” I spat out.

Scott looks confused at my tone. “She asked if she could come. Anyways, since when is Jackson back?” He replied.

“Like three days ago, he staying with me and my dad. Now I’m going to go and let you get back to Allison in Wonderland. See you some other time Scott.” I say on my way out the door.

Scott grabs my arm and stops me. “Wait. What do you mean he’s staying with you? You guys hate each other!”

I turn around to look at him. “No,” I say slowly and clearly. “He hates you and your stupid girlfriend over there. So if you mind, let go!” I rip my arm out of his grip and open the door again.

This time it’s Allison who stops me. “What do you mean stupid girlfriend?”

I glare at her. Derek must be rubbing off on all f us. “Exactly what I said!” I growl at her. At this moment the door burst open and the pack walks in.

Erica looks at her in disgust. “You helped your psycho grandpa torture us and hunt us down. Do you really think we still like?” She spat at Allison.

Lydia speaks up next. “Now let him go before one of the wolves rip your throat out with their teeth. And don’t you even say anything Scott.” She says that in her scary calm voice. But Allison does let go of me.

Jackson finishes for us. “Now we’re going to walk out of here and you’re going to let us. And from now you’re going to steer clear of us because if any of us catch a glimpse of you we won’t be able to be held accountable for our actions.”

With that we all walk out of the room and to our next class. When I realize that Scott is in my next class I run out of the room. I end up on bleachers of the lacrosse field. Next thing I know Derek is in front of me.

“Stiles!” He yells. I open my mouth to say something back to him but nothing comes out. That’s when I realize I’m having a panic attack.

Jackson appears when I focus again. I hear him tell Derek that I’m having a panic attack and to do something. The last thing I see is Derek’s worried face before I pass out.

☆★☆★☆★

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep Beep. Beep.

Someone turn it off I think. When I open my eyes I realize that it’s not my alarm clock. This isn’t my room. I look around and realized that I’m at the hospital. Derek and Jackson are sitting in chairs next to the bed.

Jackson is asleep, but Derek is looking right at me, watching me carefully.

“Hey Sourwolf,” I say. My voice comes out dry and cracked. “What happened?” I ask.

“You had a panic attack and you passed out. You’ve been out for 4 hours. Your dad had to go back to work he’ll be back in a little bit.” Derek replies as he grabs on to my hand.

“I don’t know why you we’re there but thank you.” I say.

“Gosh Stiles! Don’t scare me like that!” Derek says in a small voice. He squeezes my hand again.

“Awww. I didn’t know you cared. I can’t make any promises though because I’m me, and we all know how clumsy I am. And I’m really accident prone so… But I’ll try okay.” I respond while I squeeze his hand.

“I’ve always cared. Your pack.” Derek says like that’s all he has to.

Before I can say anything else Jackson wakes up. “Nice to see that your okay again. I’ll go call your dad so he can come check you out. The pack wants to see you.”

“Alright, let’s go home, pup.” Jackson gives me a weird look but doesn’t say anything as he steps out of the room to make the call.

Derek get’s up to leave. “Don’t think we’re done with this conversation. Once I’ve settled back at my house me and you are going to have a nice long conversation.” Derek nods and after a moment he let’s go of my hand and leaves.