Chapter 4 Talking

“Are you sure your okay with me going back to work? They’ll understand if you want me to take the rest of the day off.” Dad asked.

“Dad I’m fine. Jackson and I are going to go back to the house. The others are probably going to show up at some point. We’ll be fine.” I reply.

Dad sighs then nods. “Okay. I’ll see you tonight.” He gives me a hug then takes off.

“Alright Jackson, let’s go. I hope you’re driving cause I really don’t want to.” I say as I turn to him.

“Yea. Sure. Give me the keys.” I toss them to him and got in the passenger side of my jeep.

☆★☆★☆★

I open the front door to find the pack in my living room. “How did you guys even get in?” I ask knowing good and well what the answer was.

“Your window, duh.” Erica answered.

“And then I had her open the front door so I could walk in. I’m not going to scale a wall, even for you Stiles.” Answers Lydia.

I laugh and settle on the couch. Then Derek settles next to me. Isaac gets on my other side. Boyd is next to him with Erica on the floor between his legs. Lydia sit on the floor between my legs. Danny is next to her and their respective twin on their side.

We settle nicely and I turn on the TV. We sit there for hours watching TV until we fall asleep on by one.

Later I wake up to Dad putting blankets on us and turning off the TV. I nod at him and snuggle further into Derek and go back to sleep.

☆★☆★☆★

I wake by myself on the couch. I look around and see the TV is on. I thought Dad turned it off. I take the remote off the coffee table and turn it off. “Hey! I was watching that!” I turn around and find Isaac in the kitchen door way.

Now that my senses have woken up I hear voices coming from the kitchen. When I turn to look I realized that the pack and my father were having breakfast. I walk up to the kitchen table to join them.

Derek sets a plate in front of me then turns back to the stove to turn it off. He put the pan in the sink and joined us at the table. “How’d you sleep?” Dad asked.

“Better than I have in a while actually.” I said digging into my plate. “Oh my god! Did you make this Derek?”

He nods at me keeping his eyes on his own plate.

“This is the best thing I’ve ever tasted! It’s like heaven in my mouth! Can you always cook for me?” I exclaim.

Derek’s cheeks darken as he looks anywhere else but me. I’m about to say something when Dad speaks up.“Well as much as I would like to stay and chat, I have to go back to work and the rest of you to school. So thank you for the delicious meal Derek.”

“No problem. I love cooking use to do it for my sisters all the time” Derek replies. Dad get’s up and put’s his plate in the sink and leave the room. He comes back a few minutes later in his uniform to grab his keys.

“Well I’m on my way. You guys should leave soon too or you’re going to be late.” With a wave he’s out the door.

After a moment I finish my food. “Well Derek and I will clean up. You guys run to your house and get dressed. We’ll meet in front of the school in twenty minutes.” With that everyone disperses.

☆★☆★☆★

 School goes fine especially since it was a Friday. We manage to avoid Scott and Allison the entire day, except lacrosse practice. But Derek and the girls showed up for that.