1.

UMMU KULSUM'S POV.

I rolled on my bed whilst clutching my abdomen. I bit my lip so hard I could taste the metallic taste of blood in my mouth. All of the sudden, the feeling of nostalgia hit me making me jump off my bed and run to the bathroom. There, I fell on my knees right in front of the wash hand basin and threw up. I coughed as I threw up more, my eyes closing as I did that. When I no longer felt like I am going to vomit again, I exhaled and opened my eyes only for it to fall on the now red stained wash hand basin.

I turned on the tap and watched as the water slowly washed away the blood. I took a handful of the water and washed my mouth with it. I watched with glossy eyes as the remnants of the blood washed away down the drain.

I fell on the floor with a thud. Resting my head on my knees I tried to calm down as the pain in my abdomen subsided slightly.

I waited for a while before I finally got back on my two feet and made my way out of the bathroom. Walking towards my bed, I picked up my phone and checked the time only to see it read 9:57pm.

I know it's late but I know I'd find a person there if I go. I need to find out why this is happening. I have a pretty good hunch that might just turn out to be true and in a way I hoped it is true. Then maybe, I can relieve myself of all this pain that never ends.

I stumbled out of my room and walked down the quiet steps. The house is eerily quiet which only proves that everyone has retired for the night. That gave me enough time to execute my plan.

It took me awhile before I found the driver who looked like he is getting ready to go home. He looked like he wanted to argue when I asked him to take me there but he kept shut knowing that I wouldn't head out this late without a genuine reason.

As I sit in the backseat of the car, I closed my eyes shut tight as I bit my bottom lip when a new wave of pain came crashing over me. I couldn't focus on the drive as the driver drove off to the hospital hastily probably wanting to get this over and done with so he can go home.

When I felt the car stop, I opened my closed eyes only to realize that we are at the hospital. Without another word, I stepped out of the car and fixed the hood of my hoodie to cover up my face though I'm sure no one will recognize me. It's been years since I stepped foot in the hospital. However, precaution wouldn't help anyone.

With my head downcast, I walked into the hospital; one hand over my abdomen while the other is in the pocket of the hoodie. I didn't stop by the receptionist as I made my way to the elevator. When I got in, there were about four people in there already, two of which I recognize. I quickly pulled my hood down to shield my face away from them.

I was the first person to jump off the elevator when it pinged and opened. I ignored the stares that I undoubtedly got from them and made my way to the office down the third floor. Once I stood in front of the door, I didn't bother to knock as I took a hold of the doorknob and twisted it open.

"I thought I told you-" she stopped midway when she turned to face me just in time I pushed the hood to unveil my face.

Her eyes widened as she slowly dropped the stethoscope that was in her hand on the table in front of her. With cautious steps towards me, she gave me a once over, "Kulsum..." she more like asked.

I tried to step forward when I staggered as the pain in my abdomen increased. She quickly made her way towards me and helped me to sit on one of the two chairs in front of her desk.

She looked at me in horror. I couldn't blame her though. I know without a doubt that I look like a zombie. Yes, I look that terrible. The bloodshot eyes and the dark bags under my eyes must've contributed to that fact a lot.