14.

KULSUM'S POV

Whoever sent me this is right. I can't give up just yet.

But it's easier said than done.

I also know it's hard to believe that someone like me will suddenly want to change and be better without getting drugs involved. That is, by actually agreeing to do therapy and cooperate.

But you have to understand, for someone like me every opportunity you get, even the slightest, is enough to change and make you want to be better. I've always said I don't have a reason to live, I've lost everything but apparently not.

You have to be in my position to understand else everything I utter will sound like gibberish to you.

That day I barely got a good five-hour sleep but when I woke up, I felt more energetic than I'd felt in years. It's just that I couldn't wait to just get better. I know it's a long way but I'll at least try.

However, as much as I'd hate to admit it a small part of me still thinks that it's a prank, what I got that is, and that maybe someone is just messing with me. That might be true but like I said, unless you're in my position you won't understand that anything is better than nothing.

Obviously the change just won't happen in the blink of an eye and snap of a finger. That's what I learned the hard way considering I spent the next few days with no progress at all. Anytime I'm at therapy and just when I want to open up, something in me snaps and then it's back to square one. Like I said, this has been going on for days and at a point I thought of giving up—I don't have much time anyways before my cancer resurfaces, maybe a week or two.

That is way too short for me to recover.

I sighed and fixed the hood of my hoodie as I walked towards the office of my therapist here. She's a nice doctor, a huge contrast to most that I've met in my life.

And trust me, I've met a lot.

Unlike the others, she actually wanted to be friends with me before starting the therapy. However, friendship isn't something that exists in my dictionary after what happened with Salma. Just thinking about the girl makes my blood boil. However, thinking back to the revenge I got, if that will even count, I got back at her.

Though the girl deserves way worse.

I can't actually believe that I trusted that two faced girl!

"It's annoying shaa" I complained as I picked up my bag and slipped my phone in it. "I've never done anything to the girl. I wonder why is it that she's hell bent on ruining me!"

Salma nodded in agreement as she stood up when she saw that I was done packing up, "You don't know what you do to people Kulsum, you just don't know"

I looked up from the files I'm keeping aside and raised my brow at her tone. I should've detected the two meanings there but I didn't. It wasn't like me to be wary of Salma. She's my best friend, she never gave me a reason to doubt her, not once. "But Salma what is it? I don't even get myself involved with her in any way?" I don't know why I'm getting riled up about this. This is not the first time I'm facing something like this but, this is the first time things are this bad.

Salma sighed as she stared at me, "You're Ummu Kulsum Danbatta. If anyone's used to this, it is you. I thought you don't care what people think of you"

"I don't but when it involves my work, it matters a lot"

Her brows furrow, something she does when she's interested, "What did they say though?" I didn't need to ask her; I know she's referring to what the officials told me.