Lights out. (1)

(A/n: I'm not good at starting stories, so I apologize in advance. And I realize that in the Japan area the FBI is called the Public Security Intelligence Agency, it is just easier for me to say FBI because that's what it is for me. Edit: i got around 200 more words into this chapter I'm super swaggy 😎)

~~~~~~

(!!Y/N'S POV!!)
My day starts as normal. Sun blinds my eyes, birds loudly chirp, and cars honk. It's not even 7 yet, why can't they wait until then? Of course, I can't choose.

Mumbling curses under my breath, I turn to the side and look at my alarm clock. "Shit it is 7! I gotta get up!" I yell at myself, suddenly getting a surge of energy. Rolling off my bed and onto the floor, I then run into the kitchen doing a full sprint, not stopping even when I almost fall onto my face multiple times. I turn the sink on and grab the coffee pot. I stick the pot under the stream of water and wait for it to fill up while tapping my foot slightly. When it fills up, I turn off the sink and attach the pot to the coffee maker. Opening a drawer that reveals a bunch of coffee pods, I choose one and put it into the slot of the machine. The 'on' button clicks as I press it and I go to get dressed.

I arrive at the bathroom and turn the water faucet on, an icy cold stream starts pouring out which I use to wash my face, to get rid of my eye bags. My face drys quickly while I wipe it with a towel and I grab a brush, (If you don't have hair then ignore this) tackling all of the knots. Then continuing to try and find a hairstyle to do, but deciding to leave it how it is. I rush into my small room and open the sliding closet door, revealing a large array of clothes. I put on something that is comfy but cute at the same time.

There's a ding from the coffee maker and I run to it while slipping some socks on. Grabbing the cup and setting it on the counter, I then go to the fridge and pull out some bread and butter. I take a slice of bread and stick it into the toaster. I set a time on the toast and press the on button. Then I sit down at the counter, sipping my coffee while waiting for the toast to pop up. Today I'm interning for the FBI. I set my shaking coffee cup down to calm my hands I didn't know were shaking. It finally pops up and I put the steaming hot toast onto a plate and butter it up for me to eat. (Or if you hate butter like my friend does you can imagine that you put something else or nothing onto it)

~~~~~~~

I finish my breakfast and pull a backpack onto my back while stuffing my wallet, phone, and my keys into it, along with pepper spray, a taser, and a pocket knife. Even though I can protect myself pretty damn well, I would rather not fight with hand-to-hand combat vs. a weapon. I walk out of my apartment and get into the elevator, and go into the parking level. I grab my keys and hop onto my motorcycle, I put on my helmet and put the keys in, and turn them, turning on the bike. My fingers put the password into the keypad and wait for the gate to open, then go out onto the busy street. I park my bike in the parking lot adjacent to the office and lock it up so nobody can steal it. Then I take off my helmet and tie it up to the bike. While I grip my backpack tightly, I walk into the office.

~~~~~~

It's finally lunchtime. I have been trying to settle into the department, with the team I'm on and my boss, things are a little awkward between all of us because they've known each other for a while, but I've just met them. They will eventually warm up to me though... hopefully. Grimacing, I rest my head on my desk, which was stuck in the corner and mostly away from everyone, like an outcast. Squeezing my eyes close, I open them more relaxed, but all the lights were out. Swiveling around in my chair, this definitely isn't normal. There is nobody in the office. It's like they all vanished. 

"Haha.. nice prank... I know it's my first day... but get out of your guy's hiding spots.." I chuckle standing up and putting on my backpack, gripping it tightly once again. There isn't a single sound heard by me. "Anyone there...?" I say and pull out my pocket knife while moving slowly. I turn the corner and see nobody. "What the hell is happening..?"

There's a flashlight on someone's desk, which I take and turn on. I then start to look over every room to try and find someone. Meeting rooms? Nobody. Computer lab? Nobody. I try turning on a computer but of course, it doesn't work. Remembering my phone, I try to turn it on to try and call someone, but the light of the phone never comes. I toss it to the ground in frustration and leave to keep looking for some sign of life. Kitchen? Nobody. All that's left is a bunch of rotten food. The food wasn't rotten before. I know it wasn't. Then a flash of blinding white light.