Bright sign. (2)

Previously:

Then I saw a bright white light...

~~~~~~

(!!Y/N'S POV!!)
Wasn't the power all out before? And for fucks sake, that's bright... My face is pressed against the tinted window to see what's happening with all the light flooding through. Outside, there is a giant glowing sign that says 'GAME' on it with an arrow pointing towards somewhere.

What type of game..? there are so many types.. it could be a killing one made by psychologically wrong people.. or a fun one, like a board or card game...

I decided it could be either of those, but for precaution, I grab a gun from the casings and a bulletproof vest. Slipping on the vest and deciding to grab a large zip-up jacket to cover everything, throwing it on over the vest. I grab a holster for the gun and check if I have ammunition. It has only a little, so I decide to grab some more packs. I put the gun and the ammunition into the holster, then decided to head to that mysterious glowing sign. Slipping on the hood of the jacket as I creep out of the building.

~~~~~~

I make it to the sign, and after making sure that my motorcycle is safe, I then see more arrows leading into a high school building. What the hell? I have a terrible feeling. I better watch my back. More arrows lead down the hallway, so I creep slowly, then turn the corner and see a couple of people standing with phones in their hands. Those phones didn't look normal. There's a visible red laser line that I decide not to cross yet.

"Uh, hello..? Where am I?" I ask, studying their faces. One smaller schoolgirl looking very nervous. An older lady in her mid-20s-30s was smiling sweetly. A young man in his early 20s kept his gaze off everyone in the room. And an older man, I think in his 40's - 50's.

"I'm guessing you're new here." The older lady says.
"I guess I am.. what is this place..?" I ask her cautiously.
"This is a game for your life." The young man says while putting his arms behind his head and leaning on the wall. While doing so, it partially lifts up his jacket revealing the pocket knife that he has underneath his shirt. The older lady glares at the man.
"Why are you glaring at me like that? I'm just informing her about this place!" The young man snaps at the older lady.
"You're always being so blunt! Geez, be nice once in a while; not like that will ever happen." She yells at him. They begin yelling at each other as the older man pushes between them, trying to stop their yelling. They must know each other from before this place.

I walk through the red line, probably a dumb idea, and see a table with two more phones lined on it, I grab one, and it uses facial recognition, which eventually accepts my face. The phone has no signal at all and no apps other than a weird-looking one and one called VISA.

"If I don't want to play this 'game,' can I just leave?" I question the small group. The older lady and the young man stop fighting almost immediately. "No. I'm sorry you can't. Once you passed that red border, that choice to play or not play was taken away. Now you have to play, or you will die." The older lady sighs and closes her eyes. "Oh well then. What's a VISA..?" I ask. "That's your life span. You have to play games to gain more VISA. One VISA is one day you survive." The young man scoffs.

I sigh and look back at my phone, which has a 'countdown till the game starts' with 1 minute left on the timer. Preparing myself, I close my eyes gently while breathing softly and squeezing my hands into tight fists.

"Finally, there are some people! I thought I was all alone here..." I hear a small girly voice say.
I open my eyes to see a small girl, maybe 16 years of age. I sigh as she crosses the line. It's too late for her now.
"I'm so sorry," I say to her.

"Game starting in 20 seconds"

"Wait, what does that mean?! And why are you sorry? You haven't done anything wrong, right?" She says, starting to panic. But nobody, not even me, seems to answer her questions. "Please, just someone tell me what's happening?!" She cries.

"Game level: 5 of hearts"

"Game called Lucifer's Snake."

"5 of hearts? Shit." The younger boy says.
"What's the 5 of hearts mean..?" I ask.
"Each suite is a different type of game. Diamonds are for witts. Hearts are for betrayal. And Clubs for team battles. The higher the number, the harder the game is." The younger boy sighs.
"Please, just someone tell me what's happening.." The girl starts sobbing. I look away from her crying figure. I feel terrible letting her cry like that and not telling her what's going on. But I couldn't risk anything for myself here.

Suddenly a gas comes through the room. "What is that-" Everything went pitch black as I hit the floor with a thud.