||15|| extra pt

15 years later

Wildcard's POV

I was in the kitchen washing dishes when my son turned on the TV News. "Reporting Live at the newest Hospital!" The reporter says. "Oliver, please turn that off." I say from the kitchen. "But mommy's on TV!" He whines. I go and look at the screen "79 people found dead in the newest Hospital!" The male reporter says with sorrow. "Is mommy ok?" Oliver looks at me with worry. "Yes Ollie,  now go to bed." I whisper to him as he runs to his room with a blanket around his shoulders.

I sit on the couch watching the news; hoping that my wife is ok. I comb my hands through my hair slightly tugging on it with stress. I suddenly hear a quiet squeak coming from the door and light foot steps, I turn around and see Y/n quietly rushing off to our room. I walk to the room slowly. I put my ear to the door and hear quiet sobs. I hesitantly grab the knob and twist it. The door opens quietly with a few tiny squeaks. Y/n didn't bother to look at me. I stand in the room staring at her as she's still sobbing. I rush to her and hug her from behind. "I killed 79 people." She whimpers through sobs. "I'm a monster." She hugs me. "I couldn't save them." She mumbles in the crook of my neck. "You did what you can." I brush hair out of her beautiful face. "I only saved four children." She looks down and starts whaling quietly. "Hey ,don't cry..." I wipe away her tears. "You saved four little hearts." I whisper. "You saved four amazing children. You let those four have life." I hug her as she cries on my shoulder. "I couldn't save them." She mumbles to herself repeatedly.

She pushes me off of her and runs to our bathroom. I run after her ,but she locks the door. "Y/n please open up." I pound of the door softly. I keep hearing mumbling from the other side. "Wildcard you don't understand!" She whales. "Then help me understand." I pound of the door harder. She opens the door. "That's the thing! You never understand." She whimpers. I take a close look at her. Her beautiful skin was a bit pail. She had puffy red cheeks with tear stained. I try to wipe away her tears but she slaps my hand away. "You did everything you could." I whisper. "That's wasn't enough." She looks down. "Look..." I take her hands lovingly. "You tried you best and that is enough. Not everything is going to go your way 24/7. Things happen. You help prevent that." I tell her as we lock eyes. She breaks out gaze and sits on our bed. "I'm sorry." She mumbles. It hurts me seeing her crumble; breaking slowly. I hug her tightly. She hugs back and buries her face in the crook of my neck. I can feel her tears streaming down her cheeks as she cries.

We stayed like that for a while until soft thumps were heading our way. "Mommy? Daddy?" I look up to see Oliver at the doorway rubbing his eyes while yawning. He looks up to see Y/n in my arms. He rushes over and hugs Y/n from the side. She lets go of me and places Oliver on her lap. "Hey Ollie." She ruffles his hair. "Mommy? Why are you crying?" He asks worriedly to his mom. "Just stressed over work." She smiles softly to him. Oliver raises his hand and placed it on Y/n's cheek gently. He tried to wipe all the tears off of her beautiful face. Y/n smiled at her son. "Don't cry, mommy. It'll be ok." He wraps his tiny arms around her neck and hugs her. She hugs back and smiles with her eyes closed. I smile at my wife and son. "I'm glad I have you two here with me." She looks at me with a semi joyful face, but still was hurting.

Hey guys here is just a short extra part :)
Also make sure to read wecanbeheroesfanfics books! They're honestly really good and I recommend y'all to read it :)
Thank you for all of the support and I am so happy to know that most of y'all like my book!

-S