Together

As you all gathered back into the house, you were greeted by Momma and three new faces. One was of an adult black female, who you supposed to call Sister Krone. The other two faces were small infants. One with ginger hair and blue eyes, her name was Carol, and one with ginger hair and brown eyes, his name was Hinata.

-Y/N POV-

"Attention, I want you all to meet your new siblings, carol and Hinata, and this is Sister Krone, she here to help me with my duties," Mama said to you all. Honestly, you couldn't care less about getting new siblings, but Sister Krone intrigued you. You wanted to get to know her better.

"I'll be living here with all of you from now on! It is nice to meet all you lovely children." She said with a warm smile. After all the kids greeted her and went their separate ways you went up to her.

"Hi, Sister Krone! I'm (y/n). I'm pleased to meet you!" You said giving her the first genuine smile you have had in a while. She was surprised that you were the first of all the oldest to formally meet her, but she was glad you did. She enveloped you in a hug before leaving to follow Isabella. Since you had nothing better to do, you simply followed behind Krone to see if you could scare her at any point giving her a proper welcome.

Momma led her up the stairs to the room direction the center. That was where she was supposed to stay. The other 11-year-olds were on the staircase talking about something. You couldn't hear them, since you were closer to sister and mama. You continue to follow the two around because Isabella was giving her a tour. As she neared mama's office you decided this would be the time to state your presence.

"Hiiiii!" You said popping out of the door in front of Isabella. She was taking a back that you got the better of her, but she quickly gave you a calm smile. Sister on the other hand was all out surprised that you snuck up of them. She didn't give you a warm smile as mama did, but she did glare at you as she walked into mama's office.

-after dinner time-

"Attention everyone. I have a big announcement to make." Momma said while grabbing everyone's attention. " I am happy to announce that Artemis is getting adopted on the 25th," she said as she scanned the room. She noticed how all the 11-year-olds tensed up at the news.

You knew she was getting adopted, but hearing the news again just reminded you about why you were upset. You didn't want to hate your sister, it wasn't her fault. But you kind of wish, she could've talked mama out of it. You couldn't stand being in that room around people anymore, so you went outside despite it being late. No one noticed you leaving the room except Krone, but she didn't think much of it as Isabella gave the other kids their nightly chores.

It was a tradition to give every kid a concert before they left no matter how big or small, but you didn't have it in you to hold one for your sister. You knew out of everyone she deserved it, but you didn't want her to leave. You loved waking up every morning and talking to her, playing around with the kids with her, you loved everything you did with her even if you two were arguing.

As you see most of the lights inside the orphanage go out, you decide it was time to head back. People were probably wondering where you were and you didn't want anyone to worry. As you were heading back though, you noticed a lantern hanging above your head. As you looked up, you saw no other than Sister Krone creepily staring at you. Even though her gaze was terrifying, she looked like she had something to say so you let her speak.

"Why are you out here by yourself (y/n)?" She asked while handing you the lit lantern.

"Just thinking and clearing my head"

"Is this about Artemis?" She asked you and you froze. She just came here today, but she knew what was bothering you. You could hardly think straight, but you knew this was borderline creepy. She read your expression perfectly and invited you to her room for a chat. You two didn't notice the emerald-eyed ginger watching you two go into the room.