Chapter 20

(3rd POV)

--West Sanus Ocean, Battlegroup 35, 0445 hours--

In the early morning, Kriegsmarine Battlegroup 35 is hundred-thirty-five miles from the Western Sanus islands. The ground crew of Island Number sent a transmission to the fleet. They report to the naval force that there are five battleships, two carriers, five cruisers, and seven destroyers. Admiral Lutjens on the Deus Ex Machina demands the class vessels they are, but the ground crew cannot clarify the ship-types. The high-ranking official acknowledges them, so he commands the squadron of three F-14A Tomcats to takeoff. The officers in the island tower obey the Admiral, then one of them activates the alarm before announcing...

Officer #1: Attention! Attention! All hands to Battlestations! I repeat! All hands to Battlestations! The Admiral requests to have a squadron of three F-14A Tomcats to launch and scout the northwestern Sanus Ocean!

The officer puts down the intercom while the alarm continues to blare; the three deck-edge hangar elevators lift with the Tomcats ready to go. 

Pilots and WSO's sprint out of the briefing room before hopping into the canopy and starting their engines; it's time to Seek and Destroy

Pilots and WSO's sprint out of the briefing room before hopping into the canopy and starting their engines; it's time to Seek and Destroy. Each Tomcat is armed with two AIM-9 Sidewinders, two AIM-7 Sparrows, and four AIM-54 Phoenix air-to-air missiles. Once the engines are spooled up, avionics and weapons are checked, the naval fighters roll to the catapults. The aircraft connects to the catapult, then the deck crews gesture them to launch. 

After the aircraft launched, crews from the carrier, battleships, cruisers, and destroyers search the skies for any enemy planes. The three F-14A Tomcats, Ace-3, Red-2, and Yellow-5, climb to an altitude of 30,000 feet. Once the squadron gets to that altitude, the aircraft reaches supersonic. The wings begin to sweep back to reduce drag and increase maneuverability. It doesn't take long for the Tomcats to reach the island. The pilot and WSO (Weapons System Officer) over the canopy to see Island Number 2 on fire, being strafed, and firing flak at the enemy bombers. Suddenly, tracers fly past the squadron of Tomcats. Three Vacuan Naval F-35 fighters come out of the clouds then fly past the White Fang aircraft.

 Three Vacuan Naval F-35 fighters come out of the clouds then fly past the White Fang aircraft