01

[I hate Perseus. . .I think.]

Thalia on the other hand I actually enjoy the company of. And well Annabeth, I can at least be civil with, for the most part. So that's how I ended up standing outside of Westover hall, gracing my classic dark wavy brown shoulder length hair, shorts, a tank top, half zipped up hoodie, converse and two matching silver chain bracelets plus a poorly hand made braided bracelet, waiting oh so patiently for their arrival. Why am I wearing shorts in the middle of winter? Well in short, hah get it, today I decided to make snow my bitch. Admittedly that was a bad choice but you know what, no backing out now. As far as anyone else knows, I regret nothing.

I saw Thalia, Annabeth and Percy walking towards me as I heard Thalia say, "Your mom is so cool Percy"

"She's pretty okay," he admitted. "What about you? You ever get in touch with your mom?"

My hand flew to my mouth, oh gods, Percy just laughs in the face of death doesn't he.

As much as I wanted to see this play out, I was getting cold, so as Thalia was getting ready to say something I interrupted, "Hey guys!"

Relief flashed over Annabeth's face as she waved at me "Hi Vinnie". Percy and Thalia turned to look at me, Thalia smiled slightly while Percy rolled his eyes. I should've just sucked it up and let him get electrocuted.

"Wow! I sure feel welcome!d" I exclaimed. Note the heavy sarcasm.

Percy just rolled his eyes again, I swear this kid never stops. "Melvina" he laughed. I cringed a little hearing my full name. My mom had a weird thing for gothic Victorian names.

"Why yes Perseus, what is it?" I said in the most serious way I could.

"It's the middle of winter, and you're wearing shorts. Are you asking for hypothermia or?" He asked.

Well now if I even mention being cold he's gonna make a snarky comment. Guess I'll just push through.

"Oh my gods, what did you just say, is Perseus Jackson, concerned for my well-being?! Am I hearing this right" I said feigning shock, with a hand placed over my heart. Annabeth wasn't amused by my antics but I could tell Thalia was about to crack.

"Oh ha ha, whatever asshole let's head in the castle"

"Right behind you jackass."

_

The oak doors groaned open, and the four of us stepped into the entry hall with a swirl of snow. This place was mildly concerning, there were military flags and weapons lining the walls. I mean they seemed like collectables and antiques but still, should this be allowed? Other than that the vibe of this place was not it, on a scale from one to hogwarts, this was like a three at best.

Annabeth started to say, "I wonder where-"

The doors slammed shut behind us.

I heard Percy mumbling "Oo-kay, I guess we'll be staying a while"

"Um hello, daughter of hermes, god of thieves?" I said. Everyone just looked at me, I swear to the gods how is Annabeth even a daughter of Athena. "I can unlock doors just by turning the handle." No one said anything "Alrighty I'll just shut up then".

We stashed our overnight bags behind a pillar. Mine was a black Vans backpack that Travis and Connor 'got' for me. By got, I mean stole.

We didn't get to walk far when a man and a woman intercepted up. They both had short grey hair and wore military-like uniforms with red trim.

"Well?" the woman demanded. "What are you doing here?"

I know I shouldn't find this funny 'cause it could ruin the whole mission, but the fact that none of us thought any of this through, I'm sorry, that's kinda hilarious. Like we just expected to walk into a military school dance unseen.

Percy began to say "Ma'am we're just - "

"Ha!" the man snapped. "Visitors are not allowed for the dance! You shall be eee~jected! He said j like jacques. I was getting ready to be kicked out when Thalia snapped her fingers. It was like a quality snap 9/10, always room for improvement. Nonetheless it was a good snap.

"Oh, but we're not visitors, sir," Thalia said. "We go to school here. You remember: I'm Thalia. And this is Annabeth, Percy and Melvina. We're in the eight grade."

The man hesitated and turned to his colleague. "Ms Gottschalk, do you know these students?"

I'm sorry, gottschalk, that's her last name, she's a teacher named got chalk. I nearly snorted. My humour is broken.

"I . . . yes. I believe I do sir" She frowned at us. "Annabeth. Melvina. Thalia. Percy. What are you doing away from the gymnasium?"

At that moment Grover burst through the door, breathless " You made it! You- "

He stopped when he saw the teachers. I swear to the gods I'm going to skin him if he doesn't figure something out.

"What do you mean they made it? These students live here." the man questioned.

"Oh well of course, I just meant they made the punch, the punch is really really good, and they made it!". Eh, not bad, 8/10, quick thinking.

The Man- Dr Thorn, glared at us. Ms. Gottschalk said something about the punch and staying in the gym but I wasn't listening, I just followed the rest into the dance.

_

Hiya babes!!
Um so that was the first chapter I guess? I'm not too proud of it but I don't think it sucks, so here you go!