02

[I hate middle school dances]

The gym was filled with socially awkward tweens who didn't know what they were doing. This was nightmare fuel.

Now I'm not saying I don't like dances, I'd actually quite enjoy them, if they weren't like this.

I'm more of a Galla type of girl, gigantic beautiful dresses, or even balls, god I want to go to a ball. I'd probably wear a-

My thoughts were interrupted by Grover saying "A brother and a sister, they're ten and twelve. I don't know their parentage but they're strong. We're running out of time though. I need help."

"Monsters?" I asked.

"One," Grover looked nervous. "He suspects, I don't think he's positive, but this is the last night of term and I doubt he'll let them leave without finding out. This is our last chance! Every time I try and get close he blocks me."

"Right," Thalia said. "These half bloods are here to dance?"

"No they're here to do elicit drugs" I deadpanned.

Everyone just looked at me, but I saw percy crack a small amused smile.

"Joking, joking jeez" I mumbled putting my hands up in surrender.

Thalia sighed "Then let's dance." She said. "Who's the monster?"

Grover gulped "You just met him, Dr. Thorn. The vice principal."

_

I feel like military school kids are deprived of so much fun that when on the off chance they're aloud to be kids and party they feel the need to try really hard. Which of course lead to the awkward mess.

There were black and red balloons everywhere on the floor and a bunch of guys were kicking them at each other like savages. There were several groups of girls travelling around like football huddles, every once and a while they'd surround some poor innocent kid and attack like piranhas, giggling and shrieking. When they finally moved on the guy would have makeup all over his face and ribbons in his hair. Then there were some older kids, probably my age, just standing around uncomfortably at the edges of the gym. They looked like they were hiding, and at any moment they'd have to fight for their lives. Of course in my case, it was true.

"There they are" Grover nodded towards a couple of younger kids arguing in the bleachers. "Bianca and Nico di Angelo"

The girl wore a floppy green hat, like she was trying to hide her face. Next to her was her little brother Nico, he was just shuffling some kind of trading cards. His sister was scolding him about something. She kept looking around, as if she sensed something was wrong.

Annabeth said "Do they . . . I mean, have you told them?"

Grover shook his head. "You know how it is. That could put them in more danger. Once they realise who they are, their scent gets stronger."

I sighed. "Oh splendid, will anything ever be convenient for demigods." I paused "The answer is no by the way"

"So let's just grab them and get out of here," Percy said.

He started heading straight for them when Thalia put her hand on hand on his shoulder. "Don't look at the kids," Thalia ordered. "We need to pretend we're not interested in them, throw him off scent."

"How?"

"We're three powerful half-bloods." Thalia said.

Honestly ouch.

"Our presence should confuse him. Mingle. Act natural. Do some dancing. But keep an eye on those kids." Thalia continued " Ugh. Who chose Jesse McCartney?"

Grover looked a little hurt "I did"

"Oh my gods Grover, that is so lame. Can't you play like, Green Day or something?"

I swear it took every single muscle and bone in my body not to roll my eyes, like ok miss 'I'm not like other girls' calm down.

"Green who?"

"Never mind let's dance"

"But I can't dance!"

"You can if I'm leading"

Grover yelped while Thalia dragged him away to the dance floor. While Annabeth went to go get some punch and 'mingle'.

I smiled.

"What?" Percy asked.

"Grover tripped over himself, it's fucking hilarious."

"Oh you're just the nicest aren't you" sarcasm dripping off his words.

I stepped towards him a little and looked him straight in the eyes.

You see usually when I look at someone dead in the eye and say something they get all flustered and blushy, and to be honest it gives me a sick power rush. So I went for it "oh don't you know it water boy."

But he didn't get flustered, he didn't even blush the slightest bit, he just took another step towards me so we where centimetres apart. I blushed, me, he made me blush.

This jackass was beating me at my own game.

"You're blushing"Percy smirked.

"I hate you." I said breaking eye contact and looking away. A smile tugging at my lips, but I wasn't sure why.

He laughed, he freaking laughed. Oh the audacity of this kid. Suddenly he stepped in front of me again with his hand out.

"Wanna dance."

"No not really." I answered casually, looking past him.

"Come on, one dance."

"Nope."

"Come onnn, it'll help us blend in." He said in a sing song voice.

Begrudgingly I took hold of his hand, "I still don't like you."

He scoffed "Well I'm not your biggest fan either Melvina"

"Stop calling me that Perseus"

"Stop calling me Perseus, Melvina"

He pulled me onto the dance floor and put his hands on my waist, sending a chill up my spine. It took me a second to figure out where to put my arms but I settled on wrapping them around his neck. Honestly, I was basing everything I was doing off of what I saw in movies.

After a bit of tensely shuffling around the dance floor we started to relax and get natural. At some point rested my head on his shoulder, I could practically hear the smirk on his face as I did so.  

All of a sudden he spoke up. "Um, Price"

"Yeah Jackson"

"They kids are gone." He said quickly.

I whipped my head around to see he was right.

"Well shit."

_

Hiya babes!!
Um that's chapter 2 I guess, same as the last, I don't hate this so here you go, I'll probably do a huge edit of all the chapters once I finish ttc. Anyways thank you guys for actually reading this n' see you next time. Oh and I'll probably be writing longer chapters from now on!!