05

[ Bianca Joined the hunters of Artemis, and it turns out I'm not into blondes ]

"So my dear Perseus, what'd Artemis want with you?" I asked as he approached me where I was sitting under a tree.

"Not in the mood, Price." He said moving to sit next to me.

"Aw come on Jackson, I hate being out of the loop." I whined punching his shoulder lightly.

He groaned dramatically, "Bianca joined the hunters, Artemis is going on some quest to find 'the bane of Olympus', Apollo is coming to pick us up at dawn and the hunters are coming with us to stay at camp."

"Oh," I said leaning back on the tree. "Wow"

He sighed, "Yeah"

She abandoned Nico, just like that. At the first opportunity that came along.

You know what? If Biancas is not going to be there for Nico, I will.

_

Finally the sky began to brighten. Artemis muttered, "About time. He's always so-o-o lazy during the winter."

"You're, um, waiting for sunrise?" Percy asked.

"For my brother. Yes."

Percy seemed to be deep in thought trying to figure this out.

"It's not what you think," Artemis said.

"Oh, ok." He said. "So it's not like he'll be pulling up in a-"

There was a sudden burst of light on the horizon. A blast of warmth.

"Don't look." Artemis advised. Which immediately made me want to look, but I controlled myself, because I wasn't in the mood to disintegrate. At least not right now.

I averted my eyes and saw everyone else doing the same. The light and warmth intensified until my jacket felt like it was melting off me. Then suddenly the light died.

I looked. It was a glowing red sports car, I can't really get into more detail because I'm not really a car person. But Percy looked like he'd seen the embodiment of 'cool', he was practically star struck.

The driver got out, and for a split second I thought he was my older brother, Luke. Same Sandy blonde hair and outdoorsy look. But he looked maybe 17 and Luke was 21 now, I think. This must be Apollo.

"Wow," Thalia muttered. "Apollo is hot."

"Eh," I said, crossing my arms. "I'm not really into blondes, or you know, ancient deities, but whatever, go off queen."

"Not into blondes huh" Percy smirked. "Me neither."

Just so you know. I have dark brown hair.

It amazed me that this was the same kid sulking like 3 hours ago. He was a roller coaster of irregular emotions and I didn't know how I felt about this.

I turned to face Percy, he looked me up and down and winked at me teasingly. Two can play that game. So I looked him up and down. The line between flirting to annoy the other and actual flirting was starting to get real blurred. I still hated him.

"Little sister!" Apollo called. If his teeth were any brighter, he wouldn't need his car to blind us. "What's up? You never call. You never write. I was getting worried!"

Artemis sighed. "I'm fine, Apollo. And I'm not your little sister."

"Hey, I was born first."

No Apollo, you weren't. I said in my head of course, again, not in the mood to be disintegrated.