11

[Angry cats and crashing spacecrafts]

So here I am, walking in some space museum in D.C., how we got here so fast, I'll never understand. Zoe drives like a maniac, and I can proudly say she's gained some of my respect.

Not that she cares.

We're following some monster trail that Grover was 'sniffing?' out? I wasn't exactly sure how we were doing this, but I didn't really care. I was busy playing my odds for survival.

So the way I see it, the one to vanish by parent's hand is either Thalia or Zoe. Thalia because her dad is Zeus and Zeus is a grade-A asshole. Zoe because she tensed up very noticeably at every mention of that line. But that's probably just reaching.

And for the second death, someone will be lost in the land without rain. Now, this death could be anyone, but I was betting on either Bianca or Grover because they're probably the weakest fighters here. Now that being said, there is every possibility that it could be me too.

I was a little salty that Zoe decided to ditch Pheobe and not even take a replacement. I mean, did I like Pheobe? No. That little bitch put arrows in my brother's helmet. Might I have had something to do with the t-shirt that the Stolls gave to her? Possibly. But without her here, the lowest chance of death is brought up to forty percent. And I don't vibe with that.

I was looking down and fiddling with my bracelet when I rammed straight into a body, and we crashed to the floor. My head hit the marble, and my vision was fuzzy as I opened my eyes to try and see who I had crashed into. And hopefully, pick up some of my shattered dignity.

"Jeez, Mel, We have to stop meeting like this"

No.

Absolutely not. I refuse. No, thank you. I think the fuck not.

I picked up my head slightly. My eyes focused on the person, and low and behold.

I dropped my head back to the ground and groaned, "Oh, for the love of fuck!"

"Nice to see you too, Princess, but we don't really have time for pleasantries." He said so sarcastically it almost hurt.

"Shut up. Your presence is giving me a headache." I grumbled. "And princess? A little kinky, don't you think."

He winked at me, "I know you're into it." I responded by sending him a sarcastic smile and flipping him off from where I was still lying on the ground.

I got up muttering stuff like, 'oh for hade's sake' and 'next time I get slammed into the ground and called princess, it better be by Dylan O'Brien'. When I was finally standing, I noticed both Bianca and Zoe had their arrows pointed at Percy's chest. "You! How dare you show thy face here?" Zoe spat.

"Percy," Grover said. "Thank goodness!"

Zoe glared at him.

"Grover, sweetie," I said sweetly. "I will make you into a fur coat and give it to Mr. D as a present."

"I mean, um, gosh!" Grover stuttered. "You're not supposed to be here!"

"Luke," Percy said. "He's here."

The anger in Thalia's eyes melted, while mine seemed to increase by tenfold. "Where?" we asked at the same time.

Percy told us about what happened in the natural history museum. Thorn, Luke, the General.

"The General is here?" Zoe looked stunned. "That is impossible! You lie!"

"A, why would he lie," I said impatiently. "B, how the fuck did you get here? C, are you staying, and if so, how much aspirin do you think I could take without causing internal bleeding?"