Chapter 9 : LEAVING

"What the hell?!" Kara looked really annoyed when I splashed some water on her face. She hit my shoulder real hard as I gave out a bark of laughter.

"Kapag nalunod ako at namatay, I swear, I'll haunt you!"

"Wisik lang ng tubig 'yon, tapos patay agad? Ang advance mong mag-isip." I teased her more.

Nagsi-swimming lang kami habang hinihintay ang tuluyang pag-lubog ng araw.

"I love the sun so much," she whispered nonchalantly.

"I love the moon more than the sun," I said as I looked at our sunset view.

Kara turned to me with too much curiosity in her eyes.

"Why is that?" She raised her perfectly shaped brows.

I let out a deep sigh before answering her.

"Because I love how it gives us light amidst the huge amount of darkness in the sky. I like to apply my own meaning of it to my everyday life."

"You have your own meaning of the moon?" she asked, more curious now.

"Yeah."

"Mind sharing your thoughts about it with me?"

"Huwag na."

She immediately hit my arm. Such a violent woman.

"Ouch," reklamo ko.

"You're such a gay, Caleb," aniya at umirap.

"Hindi mo sure."

"So what are your thoughts nga?!"

"Well, I consider the moon as a new beginning---"

"What?! The sun is the beginning! Oh my gosh, so bobo naman you," aniya at umirap na naman.

Mamaya ay hilo na 'to.

"Akala ko ba thoughts ko 'to? Ba't ang epal mo?"

"Oo na nga, thoughts mo na nga. Go na!" She gestured her hand for me to continue.

"As I've said, I consider the moon as a new beginning. Because of its bright light that shines upon us, we are able to look at other things even we're also under the darkness of the sky. I think, it gives us the meaning of not giving up. Even if the darkness sometimes consumes us, we can still find the light that will help us get back on our feet and start a new walk." I explained.

"Nosebleed." Kara put her index finger on her cupid's bow and acted as if she's wiping some blood there.

Cutie.

"You are a deep person pala 'no?"

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"Maybe you dealt with something serious from the past that made you a deep kind of person." She concluded.

I didn't say anything. I stayed silent and hugged her from the back.

"Medyo nagiging plum na ang hands ko." Itinaas niya ang dalawa niyang kamay at pinagalaw galaw ang mga daliri niya. Nakita ko ang mga kulubot doon.

"Matagal na ba tayo sa tubig?"

"I think so. Let's go na?" aniya.

"Okay."

We went inside our cabin. Pinauna ko na siya sa shower dahil baka magka-sakit pa siya kung malalamigan siya rito at matutuyuan ng tubig. I sat in the wooden chair while waiting for her to finish her routine.

"Done na. We're having our dinner, right? Sa restaurant?" She asked.

Naka-suot lang siya ng roba. Nilagpasan ko siya upang mag-tungo sa may bathroom nang hindi siya sinusulyapan.