Chapter 11

Claire sat in the Astronomy Tower alone, reading a book. A peaceful smile was present on her face as she watched her fellow students. They looked like ants from that high up, but it was still quite entertaining to Claire.

"Claire?" a voice asked. She turned around to be met with the nervous figure of Asterio. She grinned at him. "I thought I'd find you here," he said, making his way towards her. He took a seat next to her, letting out a breath. "You were looking for me?" Claire asked, chuckling. Asterio nodded.

"I wanted to get something off of my chest," he said. Claire nodded, giving him a small smile. "I have feelings for you, Claire," he blurted. Her eyes widened. She opened her mouth, but closed it slowly. Asterio looked at her with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Asterio... You know I love you, but as a brother," Claire said. He nodded, tightening his jaw. "And besides, you know I'm with Harry," she continued. Asterio clenched his fists, letting out an angry breath.

"I get it. Goodbye Claire," he said. He got up quickly, making his way down the winding stairs of the Astronomy Tower.

"Wait! Asterio!"

But it was too late. He had already reached the bottom of the stairs and was making his way quickly through the hallway. Claire bit the inside of her cheek, frowning. She played with her fingers, thinking about what had just happened. She hated the fact that she had hurt Asterio, but she felt like she had no other option.

"Hey, Claire," Harry said, snapping her out of her thoughts. He made his way over to her, kissing the side of her head. She gave him a half-hearted smile, making him raise his eyebrows.

"Are you alright?"

Claire slowly shook her head. Harry took her hand in his hand, rubbing his thumb on the back of her hand. "You know you can tell me anything," he reassured her. She looked up to meet his eyes, a conflicted look crossing her face.

"Asterio was just here," she mumbled. The green-eyed boy nodded. "He erm, he confessed his feelings for me." Harry raised his eyebrows. "I don't get it," he stated. Claire chuckled nervously.

"What's not to get?"

Harry shifted in his seat. "I don't understand why that bothers you. He'll get over you at some point. Just avoid him until he does."

Claire's eyes went wide. "Harry, he's like a brother to me. I can't just push him away. I don't want to be with him romantically, but I can't lose him."

Harry dropped Claire's hand as he stood up sharply. He had a sour look on his face, making Claire frown slightly. "If you can't get away from Asterio, I'll just get away from you," he said. Claire stood up, knitting her eyebrows together. Her lip quivered.

"Harry-"

Claire's eyes filled with tears as she watched the green-eyed boy disappear down the stairs.

____________________________________________________________________________

Well that was eventful...

Don't forget to vote :)

Stay cool, Anika<3