Chapter 16

Claire ran through the Hogwarts castle, searching for Harry. The news that a group of students had left the castle on thestrals had spread like wildfire throughout the school. And of course, Harry, Ron, and Hermione were among them.

Suddenly, something popped out of the sky, spinning wildly as it came closer and closer to the ground. Claire dived out of the way just in time. She looked up, recognizing the tangled mess of students, a portkey laying off to the side.

"Harry!" Claire exclaimed. She rushed forward, throwing her arms around him. He dug his face into her neck, squeezing her body tightly to his. Hermione dragged the others away, leaving the couple alone in the courtyard.

As Harry pulled away from the hug, tears welled up in his eyes. Claire opened her mouth to say something, but Harry shook his head. He took her hand in his, his teary eyes looking into her confused ones.

"You deserve to know everything," he whispered. Claire furrowed her eyebrows, but nodded nonetheless. Harry took a deep breath before launching into his explanation. He told her everything; from what happened with Professor Quirrell, to how he fought the basilisk in Salazar's chamber, to his discovery of Sirius Black's innocence, and how Voldemort had returned and killed Cedric Diggory. He even told her what had happened at the Ministry less than an hour ago.

Claire didn't interrupt once, listening to every word he said. Once Harry had finished, he looked at her nervously. Most people didn't believe him when he told them about Voldemort, but Claire did.

"Harry, I believe you. And I'm really sorry about Sirius," she said carefully. Harry pulled her in for another hug, releasing a deep breath. "I'm always going to be by your side," Claire whispered into his shoulder.

Suddenly, Claire felt a single drop of rain on her cheek. She looked up at the sky as rain started to fall harder, making her laugh silently. Harry chuckled as he pulled away from their hug, offering his hand to Claire. She accepted it gracefully as he spun her around and back into his arms. The two danced around in the rain, just as they had done once before.

Even through all of the fear, the chaos, and the pain, Claire brought Harry immense joy, and he knew that he loved her with all of his heart. Neither of them had said it yet, but as Harry looked down at Claire's face, he smiled warmly.

"I love you," he whispered. Claire's heart swelled at the sound of those three words.

"I love you too."

_______________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

I know that this book may seem like it's going fast, but bare with me. There will be about four to five chapters left, but they will all be lengthy and interesting.

Stay cool, Anika<3