Chapter 4

Over the past couple of days, Claire had been helping Harry with his Astronomy homework. He had finished his essay, so now Harry paced up and down the Gryffindor common room, frantically wracking his brain for ideas on how he could continue to spend time with Claire.

Ron and Hermione sat across from each other, the former ripping open a Chocolate Frog while the latter read a book. Hermione glanced up from her book as Harry let out a frustrated groan. She rolled her eyes, shutting her book carefully.

"Harry, just ask her to go to Hogsmeade with you!" she exclaimed. It was now Ron's turn to speak up.

"Just do it, mate! She'd be crazy to say no," he said with a mouthful of chocolate. Harry sighed, nodding.

"Alright, I'll ask her tomorrow."

___

Claire stood with Cho and Roger the next day, discussing the upcoming first match of the season. Ravenclaw wasn't playing; it was Gryffindor v.s Slytherin. "I think Gryffindor's going to win for sure. Angelina is a great captain. She's really carrying on Oliver's legacy," Roger said. At the mention of her brother, Claire looked towards the ground. She missed her brother with all of heart. Arabella always used to tell her that Claire should be mad at Oliver for ignoring her, but Claire was never able to hate her brother. She was just disappointed and alone. She knew she could count on Arabella and Asterio, but the bond she had with her brother was unmatched. "I'm going to go catch up with Asterio," Claire mumbled, making her way towards the Ravenclaw table.

"Claire," Asterio greeted her, giving her a big smile. She gave him an attempt at a small smile, but he saw right through it. "What's wrong?" Asterio asked, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. Claire shook her head. "It's nothing," she answered. Asterio looked unsure, but decided not to push for answers.

___

Claire stood in the Astronomy Tower, watching the Slytherin quidditch team practice in the distance. In reality, her mind was far away from Hogwarts. Ever since Roger had mentioned Oliver that morning, she had been thinking of him. She was used to the feeling of missing him, even when he was still at Hogwarts. Tears pooled in her eyes as she remembered all of the times they used to spend together as children.

"I thought I might find you here," a voice said from behind Claire. She turned around to be met with Harry, who gave her a smile. The green-eyed boy noticed the tears in her eyes, making his smile drop. "Why are you crying?" he asked, walking towards her. She let out a heavy breath.

"I miss my brother," she said softly. Harry nodded awkwardly. "You'll see him soon, right? It's only a month until the Christmas holidays. Claire shook her head, fresh tears forming in her eyes.

"Oliver and I haven't had a proper conversation in five years. We used to be inseparable, but that all changed when I got to Hogwarts. I only get a couple of words from him, here and there. And now I just really miss my brother."

Harry pulled her in for a hug, which she gladly returned. He ignored how hot his cheeks got, focusing on comforting the crying girl. "How about you write to him? If you want, I could help," Harry said as Claire pulled away. She hesitated, but nodded.

___

Claire now sat in the Owlery, Harry standing a couple of feet away. Claire took a deep breath as her quill hit the piece of parchment.

Dear Oliver,

I'm writing this letter because the truth is that I really miss you. You completely ignored me when I came to Hogwarts, and I really need my big brother. I understand that you are most likely busy with quidditch practice, but it would be great if you could just give a little bit of your time to me. I miss talking to you and playing quidditch with you. Please write back.

Your sister,
Claire Nicola Wood

"That's it. Short and sweet," Harry said. Claire nodded, re-topping the ink bottle.

Claire attached the envelope that contained her letter to a brown Hogwart owl, letting it fly away from the tower. She sighed, wiping away any tears that were still on her face.

"Thank you, Harry."

The green-eyed boy shrugged.

"Anytime."

________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the late update! I haven't been feeling well recently, so it took a while to write this chapter. I hope you liked it, though!

Please vote and comment!

Stay cool, Anika<3