Chapter 6

Claire sprinted up to the hospital wing anxiously. She slid through the door, scanning the room quickly.

"Asterio!" she exclaimed. The boy sat in a hospital bed, his leg wrapped up. She ran up to him, concern lacing her tone.

"What happened?"

Asterio chuckled dryly. "I fell off the Astronomy Tower," he replied. Claire's eyes widened. "What?" she asked. Asterio let out a heavy breath.

"Thankfully, someone was there to stop my fall. She casted a Slowing Charm, but I still hurt my leg."

Claire tore her hands through her hair, sighing. "Who was it? I'll have to thank her," she said. Asterio smiled slightly.

"Hermione. Hermione Granger."

___

Claire made her way to dinner later that evening with Asterio by her side. Madam Pomfrey was reluctant to let him leave, but he was able to convince her. He was on crutches, even though the bones in his leg were healed. Madam Pomfrey had insisted.

Claire parted ways with Asterio as she walked towards the Gryffindor table, where Harry, Hermione, and Ron were discussing something. Claire smiled at the three of them.

"Thank you for saving Asterio. He's kind of an idiot," Claire said. Hermione blushed, looking down at her plate.

"It was nothing," she said, smiling at Claire. Harry raised an eyebrow at his best friend. He could read her like an open book, and it was very obvious that she was hiding something. He shook it off as he looked up at Claire.

"Can I talk to you out in the hall for a second?" she asked. Harry nodded, following her out of the Great Hall.

"I'm sorry for running out on you today. It's just that Asterio has been there for me through a lot and I promised I would do the same," Claire explained. Harry smiled, shaking his head.

"I get it. I would do the same if Hermione or Ron got hurt."

Claire found herself staring into his vivid green eyes.

"And I was wondering if you wanted to come watch me play in the quidditch game tomorrow," Harry said. Claire let out a laugh.

"I would be there even if I didn't want to. Roger makes the whole Ravenclaw quidditch team watch every single game," Claire replied. Harry laughed, shaking his head.

"He sounds like Oliver," he said. Claire nodded, a small sad smile appearing on her face.

"Yeah, I guess."

Harry furrowed his eyebrows, his smile being replaced with a frown. "Has he not written back yet?" he asked. Claire shook her head, looking away from Harry. She stared at her feet, sighing.

"Just give it a couple of days. He'll write back," Harry said. Claire nodded, looking back up at him. They were interrupted by Professor Umbridge, who raised an eyebrow at the two.

"Return to the Great Hall immediately," she squeaked. Claire and Harry shared a look before silently slipping back into the enormous room. Harry winked at her as they parted ways. Claire returned to the Ravenclaw table with a smile on her face. 

____________________________________________________________________________

I hope you liked this chapter! Vote if you did :)

Stay cool, Anika<3