Chapter XXXIV: Getting Closer

A/N
Truthfully, I didn't know Dante was an Italian name. Nor did I know it was commonly a male name. I just know I had a cousin whose name was Dante, and I always thought the name was cute for a girl.

Chapter XXXIV: Getting Closer

ANGEL

Quietly, we exited the office following the all too familiar formation we often took. Vito stood on my right side, while Bobby occupied the left.

It would take an immense amount of willpower to not put my hands on this woman. I will have to remind myself to keep a safe distance.

We walked down the corridor, a feeling of doom taking course through each one of us.

After we turned the corner, Gianni took role as usher and escorted us to the lounge hall.

As you would expect, the hall fell nothing short of grandeur. The very room mimicked the grandiose of french interior design. High ceilings which were decorated in exquisite ceiling moldings. Bright white walls, crystal chandelier at the very center of the wall, and white wall sconces that added to the intricacies of the room itself.

Gold and white carved accent chairs was the only seating in the room. There was of course a sofa, loveseat, chair, cocktail table and an end table. Even the chairs themself epitomized the beauty and elegance of the room, for each chair was hand carved into the most elegant design.

In the center of it all, stood that woman.

Isabella.

I was the first to sit down, my two brothers decided to stand guard as they stood behind me. Isabella looked to me, then to my brothers before she too decided she would take a seat.

She sat in the loveseat, crossing her legs and folding her hands into her lap. Unconsciously, I began to take in her appearance.

She had looked a lot older since the last time I had saw her. Her hair had started to turn gray, wrinkles had made even the plumpest parts of her face look sunken in. She wore a dark green dress suit, and a matching hat. I internally, winced when my eyes made contact with hers.

For a moment, I found myself unable to look away from those dark hazel eyes. I knew through her old gentle lady facade, that she was mocking me.

" To what, my dear, do I owe this pleasure?" I ask her. A smirk coming to my face as I watched her straight lips turn into a deep frown.

She eyed me evilly, and I could not help the sneer that made it's way to my face.

" Don't play these games with me woman! What do you want?" I asked her, now completely angered that she even had the audacity to look at me that way. As if I were the villain.

" I came here hoping that you would be able to help me. You owe me that much!" She answered. I unbuttoned my suit as I looked away from her glare. I leaned back and rested my arm against the back of the chair.

A sinister smile now pulled on my lips, the bile I felt rumbling in my stomach was now making it's way up my throat.

" I don't owe you a damn thing." I breathed out. Now completely, and utterly enraged.

I rose up out of my seat and decided it would be best if I left the room, and if she left the estate. I'd be damned if I put my hands on her.

" Is that anyway to speak to your mother, Angel?" She asked me. It caused me to stop dead in my tracks. What did she just say?

Did I hear her correctly? Mother?
You've got to be joking.

" Mother?" I asked no one, feeling the dryness form in my mouth, my tongue no longer able to provide me saliva. The bile I was feeling come up now burned in my throat. A dark chuckle erupted deep from within my stomach, as I swallowed.