CHAPTER XXXIX: Rise And Shine Cara

DANTE

When I awoke the next morning, I stretched out on the bed. I stretched until I felt a strain in my legs, letting out a breath of relief when I relaxed. I looked to my side to notice the bed was empty.

I thought nothing much of it and say up in the bed. I wiped the crust from my eyes, and let out a yawn as I looked around the well lit room. The sun was shinning brightly outside, the room was illuminated in this bright white light. It made me feel at peace, I felt as though I had a good nights sleep after such a long time.

I woke up refreshed and calm, unlike any other time when I was waking up in a panic. I got out of the bed, and stretched yet again. I looked down to notice that my clothes from last night were folded on the bench at the foot of the bed.

I reached for them, and proceeded to strip out of the clothes Donnie lent me. When I brought the shirt around my shoulders I could smell that it had been washed. The fabric felt soft, and the smell reminded me of that fresh laundry scent.

I pulled my jeans around my waist, folding and placing the clothes from last night on the bench. I then made the bed as well. Once I was pleased with the way the room looked, I walked toward the door and pulled it open. Turns out the door hadn't been shut all the way.

I ventured down the hallway to the stairs, and continued downstairs. I could smell food being made and I couldn't help the way my mouth was watering at the smell. I was so hungry, it didn't make any sense.

When I was at the bottom of the stairs, I looked around the wooden wall panel. I saw Donnie standing at the stove, his arms moving and flexing with every turn as he mixed something inside a bowl. I quickly became embarrassed of myself, because I had thought Donnie looked really good standing there making food with his muscular figure.

I internally screamed at myself, pinching my arm as I walked toward him in the kitchen.

I'll try and think about Angel instead.

I tried persuading myself. With the thought of his name, I shuddered. Once before, I was filled with butterflies and giddiness at the mere though of his face. Now, I am repulsed to even utter 'love' and 'Angel' in the same sentence.

" Good morning, sleepy head." I heard him say. A playful tone dancing off the deep baritone of his voice. I smiled at him, and took a seat at the dining room table.

" Good morning." I replied back, folding my hands on top of the table.

" So, will I have to pull teeth for answers or will you be honest with me?" He asked me, walking over to the table with a plate of food in his hand. In his other hand, he held a spatula.

He placed the plate before me, I literally was drooling over the feast he laid before me. He had made soufflé pancakes, dusted with powered sugar and three different berries. He prepared a separate bowl of fruit with skinned oranges, grapes, kiwi, and pineapple. He then put another plate on the table. This time with bacon, Italian sausage and fried eggs.

He chuckled at my face, closing my jaw shut with his hand as he walked back toward the kitchen. I shook my head, trying to force the greediness ready to take over away.

" Do you want to know the truth?" I asked him, fiddling with the fork he gave me. He was walking back over to the table with two plates in his hand. He placed them on the table in front of the chair next to me. Then he sat down.

" If you would be so kind." He said. Crossing his arms on top of the dining table.

" Angel revealed some things to me yesterday. Nasty things, he had done. I needed to be away from him, just until I got my thoughts together." I told him, now fiddling with my fingers. I bit hard into my lip.