Chapter 16: Classmates' Concerns

(Warning: Spoilers! I will be introducing some characters from season 3-4, so if you have not caught up, please read with caution!)

Fuyumi stepped into the elevator as she helped her mother, Rei Todoroki into the elevator.

You were shocked speechless, not believing how crazy this coincidence was.

'...'

'WHAT THE-?! REI AND FUYUMI TODOROKI IN THE SAME HOSPITAL AS ME??? EHHHH?!?!'

As you watched them walking into the elevator, you realized your mouth was hanging open.

You knew Rei was in some sort of hospital that doubled as a nursing home for special patients, but you hadn't thought you'd be in that very hospital! Fuyumi happened to notice you staring at them and gave you a friendly smile which only took the rest of your breath away as you tried to wrap your head around this turn of events.

Quickly smiling back so you wouldn't seem rude, you then spun back to face Noriko with a flustered expression. You could feel your ears burning with embarrassment at how you gaped at the Todorokis.

Fuyumi sure was pretty though. You could hardly keep yourself from glancing back to admire her hair. It was short, just barely reaching her shoulders, yet the beautiful, silvery white contrasted with the eye-catching, deep red streaks. The trademark colors belonging to the Todoroki family.

You were also incredibly amazed by her eyes. Despite her wearing glasses, you could clearly see the gorgeous grey-brown shade they had. It was also incredible to see the faint turquoise tinge her eyes had around the edges, surrounding her pupil.

Plus, her skin was perfect! Not a blemish or acne scar in sight, just smooth, peachy skin that made you envy the Todoroki gene pool. And her smile... it was like a beam of heavenly light had hit you in the face. She looked like the epitome of the word gentleness.

Not to mention, the resemblance between her and her mother was uncanny. Though you had only gotten a glance at Rei when she stepped into the elevator, you could definitely tell how strong the genes were.

Rei also had silvery white hair, though it was longer than Fuyumi's shoulder length hair and much more brilliant, the white strands practically glowing under the fluorescent elevator light. She also had gentle, yet striking onyx-grey eyes that stood out against her gorgeous hair. And her skin! Her skin was clear and soft-looking! In fact, she hardly had any wrinkles besides a few under her eyes from age, but those had hardly been visible to you.

'Geez, might've gone overboard with the description, inner fangirl's going wild... they're just too good looking and seeing anime hair in real life is incredible!'

You smiled to yourself and finally looked at Noriko, who raised an eyebrow and tilted her head towards Fuyumi's direction before leaning down to whisper into your ear.

"You swing that way? That's fine, N/n, but she might be too old for you... you're just starting highschool, remember? She looks to be around the same age as me, but still, you're-!"

You blushed and quickly shushed Noriko who playfully grinned at how flustered you got.

"No, it's not like that Nori! It's just her hair is really pretty and, I think, ˢʰᵉ'ˢ ᵐʸ ᶜˡᵃˢˢᵐᵃᵗᵉ'ˢ ˢⁱˢᵗᵉʳ, ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ˡᵃᵈʸ ⁱˢ ʰⁱˢ ᵐᵒᵗʰᵉʳ... " Your face burned with embarrassment as you whispered to Noriko, pretending like you totally didn't just describe and identify who they were.

Thankfully, Rei and Fuyumi were busy talking to each other about something and didn't hear anything you or Noriko said.

Noriko's eyes widened and her mouth formed an O. "What? Really?!"