Chapter 17: Hello Again

"Hey Mom! Sis! Over here!" Upon seeing his mother and sister, Natsuo Todoroki grinned and waved from his table by one of the large windows within the lunchroom.

He smiled wider when Rei and Fuyumi turned towards him. 

You were surprised, to say the least. You hadn't thought you'd be seeing the another Todoroki today!

"Well, this is where we part ways. I'm sure we'll meet again, though. It's a small world, after all." Rei said kindly with a gentle smile. Fuyumi nodded, "It was nice meeting you, Y/n, Noriko!" 

She beamed as you and Noriko returned equally bright smiles.    

"Thanks! It was a pleasure to meet you as well, Fuyumi, Miss Todoroki!" You replied cheerfully, Noriko adding her own reply, "Yes, it was. Take care and have a good lunch!"

Giving a small wave, Fuyumi and Rei turned to join Natsuo at his table. He had been watching your exchange with interest and his face broke into a huge smile when Rei and Fuyumi began walking towards him. You held back the urge to squeal as you saw him quickly bring out some clothed bento-boxes with presumably homemade food inside. 

"That was such a nice coincidence, N/n! Fuyumi and Rei were so lovely." Noriko's voice made you turn away from the cute scene you just saw. 

"Yeah! I still can't believe that I ran into them here, haha. Oh, speaking of lunchtime, are you going on break now, Nori?" You met her eyes with a curious expression.

She shook her head. "No, I'll eat my lunch a bit later. If I go on my lunch break, you'll probably be paired with a nurse you don't know, and I don't want you to be uncomfortable."

"Oh..." You frowned slightly, but then you thought of a solution. "Well, if you want, I don't mind you eating lunch with me! If it's allowed, of course. I wouldn't want you to miss your lunchtime because of me."

She giggled. "Aw, thanks! Then, after we get you lunch and find a table to sit at, I'll go grab my lunchbox. Now, speaking of your lunch, the lunch line is over there."

The two of you crossed the lunchroom, Noriko skillfully navigating her way through the loose crowd of people and patients with you following closely behind her. You couldn't help your wandering gaze as you glanced at the assortment of quirks on display. These quirks ranged from ones that gave a man large spines on his back—to a baby who babbled happily as his hair burst into flames, making his mother gently chide him while his father laughed and extinguished it by using his water-like quirk.

The structure of the lunchroom was impressive as well. It was obviously made to hold a few hundred people and it was so large, the word cafeteria would probably be a better word to describe it. It was open and bright with a happy chatter in the air as light filtered in from outside where you could see the courtyard. 

(I know that the hospital doesn't actually look like that, but nothing is explicitly shown in the manga or anime so I thought this would be a nice visual

(I know that the hospital doesn't actually look like that, but nothing is explicitly shown in the manga or anime so I thought this would be a nice visual.)