Chapter 21: It's Time

The excited murmurs of the crowd as people continued to file into the stadium for the first year stage made you shiver in anticipation.

Today was the day you would be seeing the revered Sports Festival in person!

You had been released from the hospital a while ago, well...only about four weeks ago actually.

During your brief stay, you had spent most of your time with Noriko, though you would occasionally stop to chat with Rei when you saw her. Sometimes Fuyumi and Natsuo were there, sometimes they weren't. You kept things at a simple "hi, how are you" since you still felt awkward about the idea of talking with Todoroki's family before you had even had a full conversation with him.

Besides, they were technically strangers and no matter how much you knew about them, they definitely knew nothing about you.

And you'd prefer to keep it that way to avoid getting more attached to the people here as it would get in the way of your goal to help your great-grandmother and yourself to return home.

It was jarring to be able to text your friends and family back at home, yet not be able to call or send messages about where you were. You didn't understand why it was like that, but hey, your great-grandmother was trapped in a crystal necklace and you were in a fictional world talking to characters you had seen on a screen.

A lot of things didn't make sense.

Recently, you had been busy with homework and talking about your training to get into at least the general courses because you didn't have any affinity for the support or the business department, as sad as it was. Your only hope was to get into the general studies area and be able to hold out until you figured your whole situation.

Ugh, it made your head hurt.

But at least Shinsou would be with you in general education for a little while so you weren't too bummed.

The Pros had come up with a simple but grueling timetable for your training. You would continue to attend classes with 1-A since Aizawa said it'd be good for your understanding of the world, and also because everyone was sort of used to you now, but after school, you would now spend time with each teacher to work on the physical aspects of training.

Midnight had offered to help with strengthening your muscles, so she'd be overseeing your workout regime. You had discussed it with her and she had assured she start with basic things like cardiovascular and muscular endurance.

Recovery Girl had offered to teach basic first aid in case "you hurt yourself again, poor dear." which was really sweet and you were looking forward to it.

Ectoplasm offered to teach you to improve your reaction time and defense skills. He and Cementoss would be joint-teaching you since Cementoss had also volunteered. It was an unexpected combination, but you weren't complaining.

Lunch Rush had offered to give you a job in the cafeteria to "pay for your meal costs" after you had insisted to repay the school in some way. You accepted with more compliments towards him and since then, you've started working in the kitchen with Lunch Rush to help prep for school lunches. It was a new experience and you made quite a few mistakes that got you scolded by the other workers, but as you got used to it, you began to improve in efficiency. It was surprising how fast you were able to adapt and you were grateful the other employees as well as Lunch Rush were so understanding.

Principal Nezu seemed pleased at this turn of events, but he was always smiling so you weren't sure. You didn't care what you were doing as long as he didn't harbor any suspicion towards you. You knew he was still wary of you, but it seemed to be more about how you had come to BNHA, since you had convinced him you really weren't lying when you had talked about the celebrities and politics from your world and they had searched up records, only to find none.