Chapter 9: Friend

(Hooray for those who guessed it was Shinsou!)

"Ouch." The person winced and rubbed the shoulder you had faceplanted into. 

You clutched your nose and groaned. Looking at the person, your eyes widened in shock as you stared at the guy in front of you. 

Why did you happened to body slam into HITOSHI SHINSOU of all people?! God, that's embarrassing. 

'I know I wanted someone to appear, but why did I end up body slamming him?! I must look like such an idiot. I wish we could've had a cliche anime meeting instead of me practically bowling into him. There goes my chance at a good first impression, great going Y/n. Oops getting off topic, I should at least ask where 1-A is.'

From the looks of things, he had just left the washroom before you smacked into him. He glanced at you uncertainly as you regained your composure and closed your mouth. 

You quickly bowed to him apologetically. 

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" You asked, brow furrowing in concern.

"Oh, uh, yeah. I'm fine, thanks for asking." He said, sounding a little confused at this situation. You just straightened and gave him a small smile. 

"That's a relief! Say, I know this is sudden but I was, um, wondering if you knew where Class 1-A is? I'm a little lost." You rubbed your arm and flashed a sheepish smile. 

That wasn't awkward. Not at all.

His gaze seem to harden and his confused expression became an aloof bitter look. He didn't seem to eager to help you. 

'Oh. I forgot Shinsou doesn't like the hero course right now... he feels uh, bitter? He acted like such a sour lemon when he confronted 1-A too. Hmm, I bet that already happened since it seems to have been a few days since the USJ arc.' 

You looked at him unsure of what he would say. He seem to be struggling with answer too. He observed you skeptically and you stiffened, anticipating rejection. 

He sighed, face becoming unreadable as he nodded. "Yeah. Just keep walking that way and then turn there before walking straight again. After you pass the third door, you should reach 1-A."

'Why do these directions sound like something I'd see on a test...'  You zoned out, trying to comprehend the gibberish he had just told you. 

Shinsou glared at you before pointing down the hall. "That way." 

"Ah. Okay! Thanks." You nodded hesitantly and began walking in the wrong direction. 

"I said that way." He pointed at the opposite direction with a deadpan face. 

"O-oh! S-sorry, thanks again." You began walking in the right direction before turning to the left and walking up the stairs. Shinsou deadpanned even more. 

Had you even hear a word he said?

"Oi. Not there. I didn't say take the stairs at all." He walked after you and waited at the bottom of the stairs with an air of judgmental impatience. You scurried down the stairs, face burning with embarrassment.

"Sorry, the school is so big, I guess I got a little mixed up." You scratched your face and tried to avoid Shinsou's annoyed glare.

"Here, let me repeat the directions. Pay attention this time." He sighed and repeated the directions, pointing it the directions and adding small gestures to signify which direction you would go.

You nodded and acted like you understood what he was saying even though you really didn't. After he finished talking, he stared at you expectantly. You stiffened when you accidentally met his eyes and quickly began walking in the direction he pointed at. Shinsou just watched. He had a strong hunch that you would mess up again.