Chapter 18: Snack Break

Tap tap tap

Class 1-A was filled with an air of impatience.

The restlessness of the students was obvious from the way they fiddled with their pencils or glanced at the clock, counting down the minutes till school was over.

"Wow, what's gotten into you, listeners? I've never seen you guys so excited to leave! But, hmm, looks like we've still got a few minutes on the clock. Sorry, kids!" Present Mic's voice boomed throughout the class, a sudden change that jarred many students from their restless trance as he had originally been using a (mostly) quiet voice during his lecture.

Murmurs of "Sorry, Sensei..." filled the room as the formerly distracted students did their best to focus on what was one the board. Lucky for them, this lesson was fairly simple, just a review of a few Japanese characters.

(So, Present Mic actually only teaches English, but since I couldn't find anything about who teaches Japanese at UA, I thought it would be cool to put Present Mic for both classes!)

The sound of pencils scribbling on paper filled the room instead of the yawns, pencil tapping, and rustling of shoes and bags that had been present in the room before his remark.

Present Mic grinned and continued his lecture on how to remember the difference between specific characters, glad to have regained the attention of his students, for the most part.

He managed to wrap up his lecture just seconds before the school bell rang, the gentle chime alerting him.

"Ahem, ahem. Now, don't hurry off too fast!" Present Mic cleared his throat, interrupting the growing chatter of his students. "For tonight's homework, I want you to write me a short paper on the main differences between the words we reviewed today! Ya dig? Aw, don't be like that. Anyways, don't forget to tune in for tonight's broadcast, listeners. Class dismissed!"

After assigning the homework and receiving a few groans, he finally dismissed the class. Most of 1-A bolted out the room with ecstatic grins on their faces, ready to finally visit you after 2 days of radio silence.

Instead of gathering with their friends and heading home like usual, 1-A exited the school building as one loose group.

"Okay, does everyone remember their groups?" Momo inquired, double checking that everything would go as planned.

A chorus of yeahs and yeses chimed back in response.

"Aw, yeah! Let's go!" Kirishima cheered, Kaminari, Ashido, and Sero pumping their fists into the air behind him.

"You sure you don't wanna come, Bakugou? I'm sure Y/n won't chew you out this time, haha!"

Ashido, Kaminari, and Kirishima burst into cackles, Sero's seemingly harmless question turned into the perfect material for teasing.

Bakugou—who had been walking behind them—growled, his eyes narrowing unappreciatively at the jest. "Shut up, soy sauce face! You idiots can go waste your time, I'm going home."

He shoved past them while they giggled like a group of hyenas, obviously enjoying his irritated reaction. Kirishima was the first to stop giggling though, saying, "C'mon Bakubro! A short visit wouldn't hurt. At least choose a snack for Y/n!"

"Yeah, stop being such a stick-in-the-mud, Bakugou!" Ashido joined in on the peer-pressuring, her comment irking Bakugou as a vein appeared in his forehead.

"Hah?! It's called having priorities, raccoon-eyes!"

"Aw, you're no fun, Bakugou. Well, let's go guys, Bakugou's not gonna come anyways. He's afraid of getting yelled at again by Y/n, heh." Kaminari made a slightly obnoxious comment that seemed to trigger Bakugou, as he scowled and leapt towards Kaminari with his hand open for grabbing.