Chapter Four

After exchanging phone numbers and taking your underwear back, Chris bid you goodbye. Saying that he'd text you the plan for your date later and that it would be a total surprise because he thought you 'deserved it' after your night spent together. You hadn't thought your cheeks could get redder, but apparently, the universe just had plans for you. 

You close the door and lean against it for a few seconds, trying to make sense of what had just happened. Chris Evans tracked you down to ask you on a date after you two spent a very drunk night together. You open your eyes to see your entire friend group staring at you, waiting for an explanation.

"Who was that?" B/F demands while eyeing the underwear in your closed fist, quickly you stuff it in your jeans pocket with a smile. 

"No one." You squeak. (Your friend that picked you up) smirks while staring at you, she/he knew exactly who had been at the door. 

"Liar." B/F hisses. "Tell me." 

"It was...Jerry from downstairs." You shrug. "Asking about something going on with our landlord." 

"There is no Jerry from downstairs." B/F rolls their eyes. "I checked."

"Oh yeah? When?" You scoff. "And I didn't even say what floor, so now I know you're full of shit." 

"Fine, whatever, don't tell me," B/F comments while turning back to their textbook. "I didn't care anyway. Not like I'm your best friend or anything." 

You raise an eyebrow and make eye contact with your other friend, who just shrugs in response. You had a suspicion that (Your friend that picked you up) had already told them and they were just waiting for you to tell B/F.

"You're not going to believe me if I tell you who was standing at the door." You announce while crossing your arms, challenging B/F to argue with you again. "Actually, you wouldn't believe anything that I tell you if you continue to pester me." 

"Try me." They order.

"Fine, I had sex with Chris Evans last week and he just tracked me down to return my underwear and ask me on a date." You calmly reply without breaking eye contact. You hold B/F's stare as you wait for them to react, their face completely blank. 

The room is silent as everyone waits for the inevitable explosion, but when it doesn't come the tension slowly starts to release. That is until B/F starts laughing their ass off, almost to the point of tears streaming down their cheeks.

"Ha!" B/F snorts. "Alright! You got me! Thanks, I needed that laugh, I was stressed!"

"Told you." You sigh while leaning against the counter. 

"Come on, Y/N!" B/F cries as he/she slaps the table. "You honestly expect me to believe that Chris Evans was just talking to you? And that you slept with him last week?! What do you take me for? I know I'm dumb but I'm not that dumb! What are you two smirking at?!"

Your other friends were laughing, well trying to hold in their laughter, while avoiding eye contact with B/F. It was obvious now that everyone knew and that B/F was the only one running a little behind. She/He looks between the three of you, her/his eyes wide.

"Alright, good one guys, pull one over on the future detective." B/F scoffs. "I see, you were testing me! Well, ha, test passed bitch." 

"I'm not testing you." You roll your eyes. "I'm telling the truth like you asked." 

"No way." B/F shakes their head. "What are you going to tell me next? Chris is going to pick you up tomorrow for your date?"

"I actually don't know when it is yet." You admit. "He's gonna text me later." 

"You have his number?" (Your friend that picked you up) cries. "Since when?!"

"Since two minutes ago." You reply while gesturing towards the door. 

"Are you seriously still doing this?" B/F gruffs. "You guys are unbelievable, I get it, kudos but enough!" 

"I don't think he/she is really going to believe you any time soon." Your other friend whispers with a smile. "Might have to take her/him on the date too."

"It freaking looks like it." You sigh. B/F is about to argue again when another knock interrupts you guys, they fall back with laughter bursting from their lips.

"Who's that gonna be?! Harry Styles?!" She/He cries. You glare at them before pulling the door open, shocked to see Chris standing there again.

"Sorry, I just uh...I don't have a good excuse for coming back." He admits after staring at you for a few seconds. "You didn't give me a fake number, did you?"

"Why would I do that?" You awkwardly chuckle, had you accidentally typed something wrong?!

"It was the first excuse that popped into my head to see you again." Chris bites his lip. "It was stupid...I know...I just...oh you have people here." 

You step to the side to give the girls a full view of the man standing in your doorway. Satisfaction runs through your veins when you see B/F's jaw on the table, their eyes almost popping out of their head at the sight of Chris Evans. 

"I'm sorry." He apologizes again.

"You're totally fine." You chuckle while turning back to him. You stare at one another for a few more seconds, not needing words to communicate. Something was happening, you could feel it, and every part of you wanted to let it in. The logical part was telling you to push it away, you barely knew the guy! The other part was louder though, pushing against your heart with all its strength until you had the courage to speak again. "Want to come in?"