Chapter Five

I'm so sorry, I didn't think people wanted to read this lol - I'll try to keep a schedule for you guys! Thanks for reading!

Surprisingly, Chris stayed to hang out with you and your friends for hours. He was actually good at biology too, which meant that he was very helpful with your studies. After a while, though, the school work was given up and you guys ended up playing games.

Funny enough, Chris was an awful loser. (Y/F/N) suggested that the group start with Uno and it was obvious that Chris was becoming frustrated after the sixth round with him in last place. Sure, everyone was taking advantage of having a celebrity like him to beat, so they were all teaming up against him, but it didn't take away his effort to win. Even if he knew what they were doing, he didn't let it dampen his spirit and continued to push to victory. Sadly, he never got close. 

Eventually, you felt pity for the man and changed the game to spoons. Yet what you didn't expect was the amount of competitiveness that was brought to the surface from this game. First it was (Y/B/F) against (Y/F/N), then it added another friend to the mix. Sadly, all their conspiring got them all out within the first few rounds. 

When the game finally got to the last round, it was just you and Chris left in the game. Both of you were staring over your cards with devious smiles, waiting for (Y/B/F) to start it. 

"I have a bargain for you." You offer while tipping your head to the side. "I win and I pick the time and place, you win and you get to." 

"Come on, that's not fair," Chris whines while slapping the table with his free hand. "I already prepared one." 

"Guess we'll have to go on more than one." You shrug, though the butterflies in your stomach were starting to swarm. 

"You really think you can beat me?" Chris laughs as he raises his eyebrow. "You really want to do this?"

"Bring it on." You order with a smirk. 

"Alright...three, two, one, go!" (Y/B/F) shouts. Quickly, you pick up a card one by one from the deck and pass it to him. You already had two queens in your hand, so you had to advantage if Chris didn't have any. 

You both go back and forth for a while, picking up cards and placing them down. You pick up a queen and switch it for a two with a smirk but it quickly falls when you watch Chris switch out the two you'd just given for something else in his deck. If you had to guess, you both had three of something and it was coming down to the final cards you had left in the deck beside you. 

"You sure you want to keep this bet?" Chris taunts. "I know it's only a date but I thought we'd...sweeten the deal a little?"

"Oh yeah? What do you have in mind?" You chuckle without looking away from the cards you were picking up and passing along. 

"Well, I'd say it out loud but we have an audience." He smirks, slowly picking up his card and putting it back down. 

This was a tactic to distract you and by the way you could feel your cheeks heating up, it was working. This man was such a sore loser that he had to use other ways to distract you in the hope that you'd miss your fourth card or he could get it before you. 

You pick up another card, keeping your face as neutral as possible, and spot the queen you'd been looking for. You switch it out for another and pass it on, waiting for him to notice that you'd gotten your fourth. When he doesn't, you smirk and pass another card. 

As he looks down at his hand, you quickly swipe the last spoon and place it on your lap before continuing the game. Your friends notice and try to hold back their laughter, you were known for doing this whenever you played spoons. You liked to see the shock of your opponents when they thought they won but really had lost a long time ago. 

You watch as he picks up another card, knowing that it was the one he needed, with a huge smile on his face. Chris replaces it in his hand before reaching towards the middle of the table but his victory is short-lived when there's no spoon to grab. He stares wide-eyed at the empty spot before shifting his gaze to you while you waved the spoon in the air. 

"How dare you." Chris cries.

"This, ladies and gentleman," (Y/B/F) mumbles to the rest of the group as you and Chris start to bicker. "Is the start of a beautiful relationship and I'm saying we start placing our bets now." 

"You want to bet on this?" Your guy friend demands. "You're so on, twenty bucks says they stay as friends with benefits." 

"You're on." (Y/B/F) rolls his/her eyes. She/He had seen the spark in both your and Chris's gazes, watched as you both looked at one another when you thought one wasn't looking, and (Y/B/F) hadn't seen you blush like this in ages. If he/she knew anything, it was that you and Chris were going to be way more than friends with benefits.

"Guess I won." You sigh, breaking away from the argument with a smile. "I say we hike with a picnic this weekend. You up for it or is that too...rough for you?"

"Too rough for me?" Chris barks. "We'll see who makes it then, you're on Y/N." 

"Let the games begin, Evans." You smirk while extending your hand for him to shake. "May the best...well may I win." 

"Oh, you're going down."