Prologue

12/20/2020 - Present Time
Chris Evans' residence

You were sprawled out on his couch, a blanket wrapped around your legs despite the warmth outside. Chris was beside you, playing with your hair as he focused on the movie he'd picked for movie night. Yet your thoughts were anywhere but the screen. 

To think, how you'd gotten this far. You. A girl from tim-buck-nowhere now dating the Chris Evans. Not for his title or his money but for him, for the man you fell in love with almost two years ago. 

"You aren't paying attention," Chris mumbles, his voice deep in his chest because he wasn't totally paying attention to you at the moment. You didn't mind though, you've seen the movie and he hasn't.

"Yeah, I am." You whisper back while shifting slightly. "See? Totally know what's happening right now." 

"You can't lie well." He sighs as his eyes finally slip to yours. "But that's why I love you."

"You love me because I can't lie?" You raise your eyebrows while sitting up. "That's...interesting." 

"There are so many reasons why I love you." Chris scoffs. "If I named them all, we'd be here for years." 

"Years, huh?" You chuckle and bite your lip.

"Don't do that." He orders. "You know...don't." 

You laugh and fall away from him, completely disregarding the movie at this point. In all honesty, you both should've been sleeping by now. Chris was having a couple of his friends over tomorrow for a small Christmas party, you both needed rest to be able to make it through the event. 

Chris pouts while looking at the distance between the two of you. He crosses his arms across his chest before tilting his head to the side. "Fine, I'll just watch the movie."

"Don't do that." You mock him while crawling closer, he ignores you causing you to giggle again. "Please." 

"Then tell me where your mind is." Chris gives while lifting his arm. You smile and cuddle close again. "Why aren't you paying attention to this amazing film?"

"I'm thinking about us." You admit with a shrug. "How we started, the journey, how we got here." 

Chris releases a breath as he no doubt thinks about it too. For a few seconds, the silence is filled by the movie before he speaks again. "I wouldn't change it." 

"No?" You inquire.

"Not a thing, well, maybe the fight." He states after pondering it. "I wouldn't want to be away from you for that long and if we could avoid the fight altogether, I'd be satisfied, but if I had to choose to go through it all again to be here...I would. Without hesitation." 

"Me too." You smile as he leans down to kiss your forehead. "I love you." 

"I love you more." He replies.

"Not possible." You shake your head. 

"Is this turning into a competition of love?" Chris demands. "Because I will win, I will always win." 

"You're so funny I forgot how to laugh!" You deadpan.

"Smartass." He scoffs as a chuckle moves through his body. "Now shush, I'm finishing this movie even if it kills me." 

"You're the one that started the conversation, not me." You sing with a smirk. Chris rolls his eyes before putting his hand over your mouth, a shushing noise coming from his. You continue to laugh, knowing that it would bother him because he'd been trying to finish this movie for two weeks now. You'd both just get...distracted every time or he'd have to leave for work or something. 

"Y/N Y/M Y/L," Chris warns as your laughter had grown in volume. "Do not test me right now! I'm serious!" 

"Oh yeah?" You wiggle your eyebrows as laughter continues to seep through your lips. "What are you gonna do?"

You watch his eyes darken at the challenge. Slowly, he looks at the movie then back at you a few times before cursing and turning it off. With one sweep, you're in his arms as he carries you down the hall, practically off his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. (Don't you love being a potato reader? I sure as hell do, just imagine his shoulder muscles for a minute)

Your laughter echoes off the walls as he goes straight to your shared room, the door shutting behind Chris with a kick of his foot. He carefully launches you to the bed before standing over you with a stern gaze, though there was laughter in his eyes. You sit up on your elbows and stare back, waiting for him to make the first move.

"You really shouldn't have said that." He shakes his head. "Because now, I'm gonna show you what happens when you don't listen." You bite your lip as he slowly crawls on top of you, laughter continuing to fall past your lips. "Why are you so giggly?"

"I don't know!" You cry as Chris slowly starts to plant kisses on your neck. "You're funny when you're annoyed." He hums in response, sending vibrations across your body. "In all honesty, it's your fault that we couldn't finish the movie, I was perfectly fine." 

Chris pulls away to look into your eyes, his right eyebrow raised in question. "Now you really shouldn't have said that."